Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss The Ongoing Questionnaire Extrodinaire in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; edit: I hate the internets...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    edit: I hate the internets
    Last edited by the7thAve; 12-19-2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: the Beast

If we can dream it, we can do it

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? I took my mom to WDW for her first time.
    2. What will your new years resolution be? I usually don't make them but I think this year it's going to be to lose weight.
    3. What are you doing New Years eve? Probably sleeping right through it.
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? Must have black-eyed peas (for luck), collard greens (for money) and pork roast (becuase it's tasty) for New Years Day dinner.
    5. Would you rather stay in Cinderellas castle on December 24th or 31st?31st - then I might have incentive to stay up to see the fireworks.
    6. Do you have a date (hot or otherwise) for New Years eve? Yep, same one I've had for 20+ years ... my darling hubby.
    7. Will you watch the ball drop?Nah... I'll be sleeping
    8. Will you vote in the primaries? Not unless they let independents vote in the primaries
    9. How much time will you have off work for the holidays? Used it all up on the trip to Disney with mom.
    10. Will you go shopping on Boxing Day? Nah. Too crazy.
    11. Is 2008 going to be YOUR year? Every year that I'm alive is MY year. Never forget that it's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    12. Have you seen Enchanted yet? No. Movies are too expensive. I can't wait for the DVD though.
    13. What about I Am Legend? Ditto
    14. If you were the only guy or gal left on earth and decided to protect yourself from the "infected" in WDW how would you do it? (OK - I realize this has nothing to do with Christmas or New Years...but it is a fun throback to one of the most beloved questions from 2007). Dunno... guess I'd find somewhere with few entrances (the Biergarden comes to mind) and hole up there. But if I remember the premise of the movie, I could roam the whole place during the day safely, right?
    15. Do you feel sad that 2007 is coming to an end? Nah.... it's just another year. Sure went fast though.
    16. Is there a holiday movie you watch every year? It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol
    17. If you could give the world a Christmas gift what would it be? A Coke and a smile
    18. Will you be doing any cooking on Christmas day? Probably some sides. I think my SIL will do most of it.
    19. What are you most looking forward to after the holidays? Heading back to WDW when Spaceship Earth reopens
    20. Will you feel sad on Dec 26th? Nah.
    Hypermommy

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    you eat certain things on New Year's Day to represent luck in certain areas. my dad always says that we eat greens for greenbacks (money). black eyed peas represent something, but I can't remember exactly what. my parents put "hog jowels" in with their black eyed peas to represent something else. "hog jowels" are basically just extremely thick pieces of bacon.
    Ah, that explains it. Maybe I should try that, can't hurt!

We usually have baked beans New Years Day, just because they are tasty.

DS2007 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Right here! Just off I-95 between Jacksonville & Key West
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? Hmmm not sure
    2. What will your new years resolution be? I don't ever have one, I try to reinvent myself all the time
    3. What are you doing New Years eve? I'll be in bed by 9 - I always enjoy sleeping in on New Years Eve
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? Nope
    5. Would you rather stay in Cinderellas castle on December 24th or 31st? 31st
    6. Do you have a date (hot or otherwise) for New Years eve? YES! It will be a great party with all three of us - me, myself and I
    7. Will you watch the ball drop?No - see #3 above
    8. Will you vote in the primaries? Yes
    9. How much time will you have off work for the holidays? Not enough
    10. Will you go shopping on Boxing Day? I'm actually thinking about it this year
    11. Is 2008 going to be YOUR year? Yes - as was 2007, 2006, 2005...
    12. Have you seen Enchanted yet? Not yet
    13. What about I Am Legend? Saturday, I think
    14. If you were the only guy or gal left on earth and decided to protect yourself from the "infected" in WDW how would you do it? (OK - I realize this has nothing to do with Christmas or New Years...but it is a fun throback to one of the most beloved questions from 2007). I'd offer them Casey's hot dogs to leave me alone - infected or not, how could they resist?
    15. Do you feel sad that 2007 is coming to an end? No
    16. Is there a holiday movie you watch every year? Charlie Brown Christmas
    17. If you could give the world a Christmas gift what would it be? A Pepsi and a smile
    18. Will you be doing any cooking on Christmas day? Sleeping, eating, assembling toys
    19. What are you most looking forward to after the holidays? Another day of life
    20. Will you feel sad on Dec 26th? I pray not

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? Nothing really good so far, still working on it, but i am taking my dad to see a movie, cheap but sentimental, ive done it for many years now so its kinda becme a tradition
    2. What will your new years resolution be? probably nothing
    3. What are you doing New Years eve? Partying
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? We used to always fondue, but now its pretty much just gotten down to doing fireworks
    6. Do you have a date (hot or otherwise) for New Years eve? Nope, not yet...but probably not
    7. Will you watch the ball drop? No
    8. Will you vote in the primaries? Possibly, if i dont miss it
    9. How much time will you have off work for the holidays? Every day, i dont work
    10. Will you go shopping on Boxing Day? Maybe
    11. Is 2008 going to be YOUR year? Sure why not
    12. Have you seen Enchanted yet? Yes
    13. What about I Am Legend? No
    14. If you were the only guy or gal left on earth and decided to protect yourself from the "infected" in WDW how would you do it? (OK - I realize this has nothing to do with Christmas or New Years...but it is a fun throback to one of the most beloved questions from 2007)
    15. Do you feel sad that 2007 is coming to an end? Eh, it was a good year, and 2008 should be good too
    16. Is there a holiday movie you watch every year?Its a Wonderful Life, but i watch most every christmas movie/show that ends up on TV so there are others that I will watch every year
    17. If you could give the world a Christmas gift what would it be? A HUG! I don't really know. Is there something that everyone would be happy with?
    18. Will you be doing any cooking on Christmas day? Most of my cooking is done on the days before Christmas. We have our big meal on Christmas Eve so most will be done then.
    19. What are you most looking forward to after the holidays? I havnt been looking that far ahead. Maybe having a bouldering wall at school(transfering this semester)
    20. Will you feel sad on Dec 26th? No, its my brother's b-day so we have all the family back over again
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? I didn't buy gifts...but to answer the question, my knowledge of WDW.
    2. What will your new years resolution be? Lose weight.
    3. What are you doing New Years eve? Probably nothing.
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? We make our favorite dishes and them for dinner.
    6. Do you have a date (hot or otherwise) for New Years eve? No.
    7. Will you watch the ball drop? Hopefully...
    8. Will you vote in the primaries? Can't vote.
    9. How much time will you have off work for the holidays? Well...Christmas break is from Dec 20th - Jan 6.
    10. Will you go shopping on Boxing Day? I don't know what that is.
    11. Is 2008 going to be YOUR year? Hopefuly it'll be as goo as this yeat.
    12. Have you seen Enchanted yet? No, want to though.
    13. What about I Am Legend? No.
    14. If you were the only guy or gal left on earth and decided to protect yourself from the "infected" in WDW how would you do it? I'm not sure what this question is asking.
    15. Do you feel sad that 2007 is coming to an end? Kinda.
    16. Is there a holiday movie you watch every year?There is soooo many.
    17. If you could give the world a Christmas gift what would it be? A trip to any Disney park of their choosing.
    18. Will you be doing any cooking on Christmas day? Nothing...we'll be in WDW!
    19. What are you most looking forward to after the holidays? Spending it in WDW! (Starting tomorrow!)
    20. Will you feel sad on Dec 26th? Kinda...but we're in WDW! How can you be sad?!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I believe Boxing Day is celebrated in Canada... I do know that it is the day after Christmas

EDIT: It's a holiday celebrated in the UK and the Commonwealth the first weekday after Christmas
    Boxing Day: Definition and Much More from Answers.com
    Last edited by mattj4226; 12-19-2007 at 07:43 PM.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

apecharge is offline B-Ticket Holder
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? hmmm...that is a good question.
    2. What will your new years resolution be? keep my up, boost it a little.
    3. What are you doing New Years eve? celebrating
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? no...not unique that I know of
    6. Do you have a date (hot or otherwise) for New Years eve? ummm...no, none that i can think of
    7. Will you watch the ball drop? Always
    8. Will you vote in the primaries? I do believe so
    9. How much time will you have off work for the holidays? one month (Dec. 14 - Jan. 14)
    10. Will you go shopping on Boxing Day? I always end up doing so some how...
    11. Is 2008 going to be YOUR year? Sure why not!?
    12. Have you seen Enchanted yet? No.
    13. What about I Am Legend? No, but it does look good
    14. If you were the only guy or gal left on earth and decided to protect yourself from the "infected" in WDW how would you do it? I have absolutely no idea....
    15. Do you feel sad that 2007 is coming to an end? No, 2007 was a wonderful year and I am eager to start a new one!
    16. Is there a holiday movie you watch every year? We watch a lot, but we always watch Scrooged on Christmas Eve.
    17. If you could give the world a Christmas gift what would it be? I would give it a patch of ozone to help fill some of the holes we have eaten through muhaha
    18. Will you be doing any cooking on Christmas day? If heating up leftovers counts as cooking, then I sure will!
    19. What are you most looking forward to after the holidays? Applying for the Fall (possibly advantage) WDWCP!
    20. Will you feel sad on Dec 26th? Not really...just really full.
    Last edited by apecharge; 12-19-2007 at 11:37 PM.
    "You can't put a price tag on creativity." -Walt Disney

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? Admittedly, inspiration wasn't coming to me this year.
    2. What will your New Year's resolution be? A one armed chin-up by 2009.
    3. What are you doing New Years eve? Dunno yet. I'll think of something.
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? Back in the day, I'd watch the local scrolling news/weather channel to see the year change on the time display. The trend for the past several years was to marvel at how many things around the home can double as an emergency bucket when you have lots of guests crammed into one place.
    5. Would you rather stay in Cinderellas castle on December 24th or 31st? I'd take the 31st. Now that would be one sweet place to look out over the world from, and toast to a new year.
    6. Do you have a date (hot or otherwise) for New Year's Eve? Not yet, and I'm not going to hold my breath.
    7. Will you watch the ball drop? Probably not.
    8. Will you vote in the primaries? No.
    9. How much time will you have off work for the holidays? Christmas will be a half day.
    10. Will you go shopping on Boxing Day? Not if I can help it.
    11. Is 2008 going to be YOUR year? I sure hope so. It's been a rough century so far.
    12. Have you seen Enchanted yet? No.
    13. What about I Am Legend? I've skimmed the book and I've seen The Omega Man, but no. My favorite sushi guy highly recommended it the other night, though.
    14. If you were the only guy or gal left on earth and decided to protect yourself from the "infected" in WDW, how would you do it? (OK - I realize this has nothing to do with Christmas or New Years...but it is a fun throback to one of the most beloved questions from 2007) I'd get the Contemporary secured. Then I'd think of something.
    15. Do you feel sad that 2007 is coming to an end? Not particularly. I just read a "Year In Review" article in a magazine the other day, and it sort of put into perspective just how bleak things really are these days.
    16. Is there a holiday movie you watch every year? Nah.
    17. If you could give the world a Christmas gift what would it be? Peace on Earth, and goodwill toward men. But given human nature, they'd probably just re-gift it when they figure I'm not looking.
    18. Will you be doing any cooking on Christmas day? Not if I can help it.
    19. What are you most looking forward to after the holidays? Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull.
    20. Will you feel sad on Dec 26th? Probably.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? Back in the day, I'd watch the local scrolling news/weather channel to see the year change on the time display. The trend for the past several years was to marvel at how many things around the home can double as an emergency bucket when you have lots of guests crammed into one place.
    I know, this one, what is a crockpot, Alex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    13. What about I Am Legend? I've skimmed the book and I've seen The Omega Man, but no. My favorite sushi guy highly recommended it the other night, though.
    help it.
    This coming from a guy who liked Grindhouse? Hmmmm.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? Ummm 2 dress suits I guess and took my DH to Disney for the first time
    2. What will your New Year's resolution be? Not sure, Have not thought that far ahead
    3. What are you doing New Years eve? Not sure, maybe heading to a friends house
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? Nope
    5. Would you rather stay in Cinderellas castle on December 24th or 31st?31st. That way I could say I stayed in it the previous year and the current year
    6. Do you have a date (hot or otherwise) for New Year's Eve? Yes, but to my credit I married him.
    7. Will you watch the ball drop? Probably
    8. Will you vote in the primaries? I am registered independant. I am not so sure I can vote
    9. How much time will you have off work for the holidays? Christmas Day and New Years Day
    10. Will you go shopping on Boxing Day? Ummmm no?
    11. Is 2008 going to be YOUR year? I hope to make it so.
    12. Have you seen Enchanted yet? Nope
    13. What about I Am Legend? Nope
    14. If you were the only guy or gal left on earth and decided to protect yourself from the "infected" in WDW, how would you do it? (OK - I realize this has nothing to do with Christmas or New Years...but it is a fun throback to one of the most beloved questions from 2007) I would reenforce Cinderella's castle, beef up the front gates, cut off the monorail and boat system so they could not reach me that way and go from there.
    15. Do you feel sad that 2007 is coming to an end? Eh, kind of but not really. It means my birthday is coming up!
    16. Is there a holiday movie you watch every year? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    17. If you could give the world a Christmas gift what would it be? Everyone could be with their loved ones.
    18. Will you be doing any cooking on Christmas day? Probably. It is our first Christmas as a Family
    19. What are you most looking forward to after the holidays? My Birthday!
    20. Will you feel sad on Dec 26th? Nope
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? A pull red wagon for the twins
    2. What will your new years resolution be? Floss better
    3. What are you doing New Years eve? staying home, making hor d'ouveres (sp?)
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? no
    5. Would you rather stay in Cinderellas castle on December 24th or 31st? 31st. They close early on the 24th.
    6. Do you have a date (hot or otherwise) for New Years eve? DH
    7. Will you watch the ball drop? Yes
    8. Will you vote in the primaries? yes
    9. How much time will you have off work for the holidays? I'm a stay at home mom, I don't get time off!
    10. Will you go shopping on Boxing Day? probably
    11. Is 2008 going to be YOUR year? I hope so!
    12. Have you seen Enchanted yet? No
    13. What about I Am Legend? No, and will not, even though DH's favorite movie is 'The Omega Man"
    14. If you were the only guy or gal left on earth and decided to protect yourself from the "infected" in WDW how would you do it? Get a survival for dummies book, move to Tom Sawyer Island, try to grow some food.
    15. Do you feel sad that 2007 is coming to an end? no
    16. Is there a holiday movie you watch every year? Miracle on 34th st.; Scrooge! (the musical)
    17. If you could give the world a Christmas gift what would it be? Cure for HIV & Cancer
    18. Will you be doing any cooking on Christmas day? No, going to my mom's
    19. What are you most looking forward to after the holidays? sales
    20. Will you feel sad on Dec 26th? no
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

HdnMickeyGrl is offline ...I could tell his 'inner Pooh' was laughing.
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? A Gift Certificate to a gun shop so my husband can pick out a pistol. (He's always wanted one and we couldn't really afford the extravagance until now)
    2. What will your new years resolution be? Same as everyone elses, lose weight and exercise more. Oh and pay off bills.
    3. What are you doing New Years eve? Probably falling asleep before midnight, waking up to see the ball drop and then back to sleep.
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? When I was younger my brother and I would make homemade construction paper confetti and throw it all over the living room. We don't do that anymore.
    5. Would you rather stay in Cinderellas castle on December 24th or 31st? December 31st.
    6. Do you have a date (hot or otherwise) for New Years eve? I'm married so I guess I have a standing date which I would call "otherwise" because I'm sure we won't even leave the house.
    7. Will you watch the ball drop? Yes, if I can stay awake.
    8. Will you vote in the primaries? No
    9. How much time will you have off work for the holidays? Two days
    10. Will you go shopping on Boxing Day? Maybe... what's boxing day?
    11. Is 2008 going to be YOUR year? Yes, it's the year I take control of my life.
    13. What about I Am Legend? No, and I don't plan to either. I read a couple of scripts online and it's really not my thing... unless they change the ending of the way the book actually ended.
    14. If you were the only guy or gal left on earth and decided to protect yourself from the "infected" in WDW how would you do it? (OK - I realize this has nothing to do with Christmas or New Years...but it is a fun throback to one of the most beloved questions from 2007) This is a beloved question? Allright, I guess I would spend my night hours locked up in the castle and my day hours riding the rides. But I would be all alone and that would be sad.
    15. Do you feel sad that 2007 is coming to an end? Nope
    16. Is there a holiday movie you watch every year? Christmas in Connecticut and The Bishop's Wife, and White Christmas, hmmm, I guess that's it.
    17. If you could give the world a Christmas gift what would it be? A paid week off.
    18. Will you be doing any cooking on Christmas day? Was, have, will...
    19. What are you most looking forward to after the holidays? Planning projects for the next year.
    20. Will you feel sad on Dec 26th? Yes, because I'll be at work.
    - Jennifer

"Ooo...I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover..." - Mushu

HdnMickeyGrl is offline ...I could tell his 'inner Pooh' was laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? A Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy for my brother - he is staying at my house until Christmas..soooooo cute
    We have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi! She's five, and still cute. What an awesome gift! Did your brother specifically want a corgi? Oh, and watch out, they're also very stubborn and crafty!
    - Jennifer

"Ooo...I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover..." - Mushu

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder
    1. What is the best gift you bought for a loved one this year? Rosemary and Thyme Series 3
    2. What will your new years resolution be? Better Health
    3. What are you doing New Years eve? No idea
    4. Any unique New Years traditions? Watching the ball drop
    6. Do you have a date (hot or otherwise) for New Years eve? Not yet
    7. Will you watch the ball drop? Yes
    8. Will you vote in the primaries? No, cuz I don't have a party affiliation
    9. How much time will you have off work for the holidays? None.
    10. Will you go shopping on Boxing Day? No, I'll be travelling back home.
    11. Is 2008 going to be YOUR year? Sure why not
    13. What about I Am Legend? This weekend
    14. If you were the only guy or gal left on earth and decided to protect yourself from the "infected" in WDW how would you do it? (OK - I realize this has nothing to do with Christmas or New Years...but it is a fun throback to one of the most beloved questions from 2007) Hide in the castle
    15. Do you feel sad that 2007 is coming to an end? Nope, on to bigger and better!
    16. Is there a holiday movie you watch every year? White Christmas
    17. If you could give the world a Christmas gift what would it be? Love
    18. Will you be doing any cooking on Christmas day? Gotta make the mac and cheese then
    19. What are you most looking forward to after the holidays? Relaxing
    20. Will you feel sad on Dec 26th? No, cuz I'll see my friends back home

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

www.luxurytravelgirl.blogspot.com

Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast