Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss How to survive______at Disney in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by Conceited Ape Ugh--I don't wanna get into that one. The Scouts and I sort of went our separate ways after a major misunderstanding over an eventful day ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Ugh--I don't wanna get into that one. The Scouts and I sort of went our separate ways after a major misunderstanding over an eventful day in Utah. You try to foil some scumbag grave robbers, and this is the thanks a kid gets?

I'll just say that after that little incident, I wasn't a great supporter of my local sheriff any longer.
    Oh my...now you simply must PM me the story
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Ugh--I don't wanna get into that one. The Scouts and I sort of went our separate ways after a major misunderstanding over an eventful day in Utah. You try to foil some scumbag grave robbers, and this is the thanks a kid gets?

I'll just say that after that little incident, I wasn't a great supporter of my local sheriff any longer.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Boy oh boy, what a story. You should write adventure novels. That was really interesting........

(Wish I could be less vague for you, but asking for a definite plan of attack on this one is akin to asking Michael Jordan how he's going to make his next basket. He won't know yet--he just has to wait and see how things develop.)

Little afterthought--I'd do what I could to make sure that everyone onboard with me knew and understood that when the inevitable media circus swarms us after the ordeal, it's totally alright to tell them to drop dead.
    Oh, how I am beginning to dislike Michael Jordan.

See, I like that afterthought, because when you actually get attacked by the media it is not fun. Whenever I sat at home and watched a snippet of the News, I didn't see the media as I see them today. They are fascinating people who are just looking for "THE STORY" and will do anything to get it from you. Now, they seem to have no lives, will follow you around everywhere, and don't care one bit about you. Heh, that may be asking a lot from somebody just doing their job.....
    (No offense to any of the good reporters who keep their distance and are kind, but I have had some bad experiences with rude reporters who just needed to step away and be quiet.)

Just had to get that out there....(Hehe, good plan)

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    Just a quick question, how long before the original poster of each scenario declares a "winner"?
    Love, Kerri

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

At least you got a good hat out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarKerri View Post
    Just a quick question, how long before the original poster of each scenario declares a "winner"?

I think I may just pick one now............

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Everyone had such great ideas....but for shear detail alone the top prize must go the rogue boy scout.....take it away Jake!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    (If anyone here reads Clive Cussler novels, this one may sound familiar.)

You happen to be on holiday in the Magic Kingdom, on a fine warm morning. Coincidentally, so is a high-profile dignitary/politician/foreign ambassador who has been the brains behind any number of good deeds out in the world today. Naturally, this means that a lot of not so savory groups would like to punch his ticket for him, and in the most dramatic and media-friendly way imaginable.

This political figure and his entourage have just climbed aboard Pirates of the Caribbean (the throngs of standby guests have been held off for a moment to allow the VIPs easy entrance). You happen to be out front of the attraction, minding your own business, when you see/hear/Spidey-Sense (tm) something fishy, and you find out that a handful of bad guys have managed to circumvent security, and are inside of the attraction; decked out in buccaneer garb, armed with swords, and cavorting among the automatons (this being the VIP's first visit, he'd be none the wiser to anything out of the ordinary). High-profile, dramatic assassination in the top vacation spot in the United States is the plan of the day.

To further complicate matters, the redundant backup plan of the group involves having each assassin in an explosive vest, and to be spread out where they figure they could cause the most collateral damage (in other words, trying to start a panic to draw attention might not be such a hot idea--these people mean to get the job done, one way or the other, and would love to take plenty of innocent guests along with them).

The dignitary's boat has just left the dock. It's all up to you.

Great...just what Disney needs.........

I would want to protect "slash"(Which I will name him since he is a dignitary/politician/foreign ambassador), the rest of the VIPs, and all of the innocent guests. Now, this is not as easy as it seems...At first, I was thinking, get EVERYBODY out of there, but noooo you had to go and add the part of the assassins getting explosive vests. So, then I thought, why not just play It's a Small World music over and over again. However, I then realized that it could turn into a Mars Attacks scene, and RIGHT when the music turned on, the assassins explosive vest would...yes, explode.

This is a very difficult situation to handle. So other than letting Jake over here handle it, I will attempt to fix it.(Main word attempt!)

Since the whole plot takes place in POTC, I would use many resources in the ride. These bad guys sound like they have the whole place plotted out(If they can get through security), so using the ride to fight them may or may not work. It matters how many assassins there are, but if it is a smaller group, you can find a way to corner them.

Just picture it, a group of guests, Slash, and the rest of the VIPs are in their boat, when all of a sudden the bad guys pop out of nowhere! The first thing that would come to my mind, is to send some highly trained professionals in there to save the day. Now, get this, they are in the POTC get-up, too!

***Kids, don't try this at home***

The bad guys won't even see it coming. BAM, KAPOW, BOOM, the good guys come in and start chasing them around like in the town scene! They set up barracades with animatronics, barrels, crates, and whatnot.

A good guy sneaks up behind the first assassin, covers his mouth, and knocks him down from behind! Removing his booty, and keeping the eye patch for fun, the good guy then ties the bad guy up by his feet(While safely taking care of the vest) and hangs him upside down by the animatronic with the dirty feet!

Another good guy(so good) jumps on top of another assassin, takes care of the vest, and then ties up the bad guy over by the ship. Heh, why not make him walk the plank?

The audience loves the show, by the way.

Only two more assasins left! Another good guy attacks the bad guy, this time by taking a treasure chest from one of the last scenes and hitting him over the head with it! Removal of the vest, of course. AND THEN--I love this part---The good guy takes the slowly awakening bad guy, and ties him up to the well, where he is lowered and raised!

Finally, one last good guy quickly removes the vest and throws the bad guy in jail. Luckily, that cute doggy won't give him the keys any time soon!

I'll leave the vest removal description to you guys. I need to get the guests, VIPs, and Slash back to dock safely!
    Last edited by disney fanatic; 06-24-2007 at 02:59 PM.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Oh boy, I think this might be pushing the limits of our family-friendly G-rated forum, darlin'. But I suppose our job is to make sure nothing bad happens. This is a tough one, too many what-ifs.

So these bad guys are all decked out in pirate gear and my guess is that they've never been in there before either? Let's just assume they haven't. So the dignitary's boat is making it's way through the attraction, my first instinct is to tell the CMs about what is going down (quietly) and not let any further guests in the boats. I would ask the CMs if there is any way to get into the ride so that the dignitary's boat could be intercepted, we'll just say there are a few ways in.

I would then gather anyone willing to help and go around to the gift shop, grab some pirate gear to hopefuly blend in with the rest of the animatronics and pick up a few of those toy rifles, they don't shoot but they could be used to hit bad guys with, maybe some sort of rope, wiring or extension cords, tie-wraps, whatever we could find real quickly. Plan is to send some people into the attraction from the exit and from the "back doors". The ones going in through the exit would have to try not to cause a commotion since they,d be going in the "wrong way". Once inside, they'd hit the treasure room after making sure it was all clear and grab some more heavy blunt objects that weren't bolted to the ground. Hopefully the people would know the ride well and could spot the fake pirates in there, who are supposedly only armed with swords and no firearms.

The soundtrack playing could cover whatever noise we were making as we sneak up behind the bad guys one by one, boinking them in the head with the rifles or other blunt object and before they could even realize what went down, tie them up with the ropes or whatever cords we brought. Since there is only a handful of them and they are spread out in the attraction, they probably can't see each other so the others wouldn't know what had gone down. Obviously we have to hide too since the guests in the passing boats could see us and would probably alert the rest of the bad guys of our presence. So some of us go in through a back door, scope the place out, find the bad guys, hopefully take them out before the dignitary's boat comes through, once his boat gets to the first safe back door exit, let them out that door along with any guests from boats in that area.

I was thinking of stopping the ride altogether but that wouldn't be wise, I'd want the people in the boats to get out of the attraction as soon as possible. I thought of shutting all the lights but then the bad guys would know we were onto them. So my plan would just be to try and sneak up behind them so that they would not have a chance to detonate any of their explosives and try to get as many people out of the attraction as quickly as possible. That's all I've got for this one. I might edit if I think of something else.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    oh this is so easy Jake,
    a group of us (dressed as Pirates) would just sneak up behind the baddies and push them into the water. The reason for this is that since the biblical flood the escaped sharks have been hiding in the POTC getting very very hungry. The electrics & wires on the explosive vests sends the sharks electroreceptors (ampullae of Lorenzini) into overdrive and they eat the bad guys up within seconds!
    Ok, so the poor sharks dont feel too good after digesting all the explosives, but they are the heros of the story and are lovingly nursed back to health by their trainers, THE END
    (and the VIP just thought it was all part of the ride)
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Hmmmm.....

In this situation speed would be of the essence - as soon as I saw what was happening I would alert 3 or 4 members of the (extremely strong and intelligent) group I was with....we would find one CM - tell them what was going on and enlist their help in foiling the baddies.

The plan is - We would obtain a spare animatronic pirate from storage to serve as as a Target look alike. The CM would let me into the first scene, before the drop, where it is pitch black. The CM will stall the boat while I jump aboard and quickly explain the situation. The targets body guards help me switch the animatronic target for the real one...thus the target is ushered to safety and the boat continues, the baddies have no idea anything is amiss.

While I was busy my comrades will have situated them selves in key areas throughout the ride and identified the baddies. Each of my comrades was armed with a hypodermic needle full of insulin (one of our group is a diabetic)...they sneak up silently behind the baddies and quickly inject them in the jugular with an overdose of insulin...before the baddies know what happened they collapse to the floor. Once all the baddies are accounted for the general public is notified to clear out and the bomb squad can come in and do their jobs

Haha, I love these. But how about I just ruin all of the fun and say....you laughed and just walked away....

Go ahead, label me a fun-killer. Hehe..

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

I want to read what Travis would do. (PMing him to come check this thread out).

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    my experience with zumbies and hurricanes (sorry I missed the first one) far outweighs my experience with endangered dignitaries. I'll try to get back to yall on this one.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12