Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss Disney Memory In 4 Words in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I thought this might be fun... got the idea from another forum (non-Disney) I visited. Everyone has a favorite Disney memory to tell and when given the chance to write ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Disney Memory In 4 Words

I thought this might be fun... got the idea from another forum (non-Disney) I visited.

Everyone has a favorite Disney memory to tell and when given the chance to write sentence after sentence, they all seem fairly different. When given 4 words however you might be amazed to see just how similar your Disney memory is to someone else's.

So... I'll start out as the example. Feel free to add a little detail after your 4 words if you are just dying to explain them.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Aaron's First Disney Trip

There's nothing better than seeing your child's eyes light up on that first trip to Disney.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Daughter chasing Mickey's parade

My DD's first trip, she was in her stroller half-asleep watching the afternoon parade. Mickey & friends passed by, but Mickey was high up on the float and she didn't really see him. A few floats more pass, and suddenly she screams "MICKEY!!!" bolts out of her stroller, and starts running down Main Street towards the float that had passed by earlier, with mom in pursuit. Trying to get her back to our bit of sidewalk, we ended up in a conga line with fish from The Little Mermaid. Unforgettable!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Stuck on Thunder Mountain

A storm hit and the BTMRR computers stopped us part way round for about 15minutes, we had to be released and walked back through the mountain
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

GoofTrooper is offline Come along and join the fun
    Where are the brakes!?!

I always have to ride Star Tours multiple times whenever I'm at MGM. I love that ride and know the whole script and most of the queue by heart. It's the combination of two of my favorite things: Star Wars and Walt Disney World.

britney05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Where is our ride?!

The first time we flew to WDW our shuttle service to take us back to the airport never picked us up so we had to catch a cab that was suppose to be paid by the shuttle service that never showed up. When we finally got to the airport....an hour before our flight....the taxi driver demanded money and my mom almost got into a fight with our very foreign taxi driver.... what a memory. yikes! Thank goodness for Disney's Magical Express.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Our First Disney Trip

We went to disney together as a couple for the first time in 2000. That trip will always define WDW for us.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Hahaha! These are great so far!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Ice Cream During Storm

We went to MK ( again ) on the 5th day we were there in July. We were at the end of Main Street just as the afternoon parade was ending and here comes the cloudburst! We ducked into the ice cream parlor that was behind us to clear the sidewalk and get out of the rain. We had never been in there before! The Cm that took our order was an older gentleman who really played the " old fashioned " theme to the hilt!!! He joked around with the kiddo's and had us sing happy b-day to a fellow CM. I think that was the best ice cream we've ever had!!!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Segway Around The World

One of the most phenomenally awesome experiences I've ever had at Disney, was taking the 2 hour Segway tour around the World Showcase at Epcot. The machines were just plain fun, not to mention shockingly intuitive. The "obstacles" they had us do in each of the pavilioins were very enjoyable and really gave us a feel for what they could do, and our tourguides gave us endless amounts of knoweldge about each of the 11 pavilions. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Elderly Parent With Mickey

My mother went to a WDW for the first time when she was in her mid 70's. She was just as excited to have her picture taken with Mickey for the first time as most other visitors 1/10 of her age. Mom turns 95 in a few weeks, and I know she hopes to make it to WDW at least one more time.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    Husband's First Trip 2000!

This was his first trip to disney, it was mine 12th so I knew everything and what to expect, seeing his face was great. He didn't think he would enjoy himself. But know he has been back every year since. The first time, they pulled him out of a crowd to play Hot Potato with little kids. It was so funny.
    Last edited by #1EeyoreFan; 08-08-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World
    July...Orlando...why shower?
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Disney changed me forever!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by #1EeyoreFan View Post
    Husband's First Trip 2000!

This was his first trip to disney, it was mine 12th so I knew everything and what to expect, seeing his face was great. He didn't think he would enjoy himself. But know he has been back every year since. The first time, they pulled him out of a crowd to play Hot Potato with little kids. It was so funny.
    I'll copy yours and say: "Husband's First Trip 2004"! It was my 9th or 10th and I'm right there with you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast