Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss Make Up A Disney Rumor in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I read today where the birthday buttons are being discontinued at all the parks. So many people requested them, and Disney had no way of verifying birth dates especially for ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I read today where the birthday buttons are being discontinued at all the parks. So many people requested them, and Disney had no way of verifying birth dates especially for guests without a licence to drive a car. Disney felt that the true meaning of wearing the button was getting lost.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

An new version of Pal Mickey will be coming out soon. Mickey will tell you what rides have the shortest lines, when it's time to find a spot for the parades, which restaurants have openings, and where various characters are located in the park. Since most people have already heard all the jokes, they will be omitted from the new version. Trivia questions from Disney World Trivia Book will replace the jokes so guests can increase their Disney World knowledge while queuing for rides.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    An new version of Pal Mickey will be coming out soon. Mickey will tell you what rides have the shortest lines, when it's time to find a spot for the parades, which restaurants have openings, and where various characters are located in the park. Since most people have already heard all the jokes, they will be omitted from the new version. Trivia questions from Disney World Trivia Book will replace the jokes so guests can increase their Disney World knowledge while queuing for rides.
    Ooh...I'd like one of those, please!

Wouldn't we all! LOL

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Due to the overwhelming popularity of Cinderellas Royal Table and the Bippity-Boppity Boutique, Disney has decided to allocate space at each park for a similar attraction. It will be a Princess of the Month kind of event, with a large boutique attached. This will enable lots more girls to enjoy the princess experience, bring attention to some of the less favorite princesses and help increase Disney revenues in the other parks. It will also spark additional retail toys available only at the boutique so girls can "extend" their experience. All restaurant and boutique events should be in place by July 2008.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    To Maximize Guest experience, Cast members will invite guests to take a poll as they leave the park asking what kind of attraction they think the Imagineers should design for that park next.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Instead of opening new parks I heard that WD Co is considering a Trveling "Walt Disney Experience Show" where the characters travel around in Winnebagos and visit out lying areas. I also heard this would be broadcast as a Disney reality series.
    This CRACKED ME UP!!! Winnebagos!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

With the number of guests requesting an increase in the number of monorail tracks, Disney has opted, instead, to bring back the Skyway to Fantasyland/Tomorrowland type of ride. You'll be able to travel between various resorts, parks and DDT where the monorail does not currently run.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    With the number of guests requesting an increase in the number of monorail tracks, Disney has opted, instead, to bring back the Skyway to Fantasyland/Tomorrowland type of ride. You'll be able to travel between various resorts, parks and DDT where the monorail does not currently run.
    Ok I'd SO LOVE THAT!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    To capitalize on the unprecented (and inexplicable) success of the High School Musical franchise, Disney Corp announced that a third installment will be themed around "High School Musical, Summer Vacation". it will follow the HSM crew through the usual travails of teenagers on summer vacation, featuring them bursting into song as they mow lawns, montages revolving around sunburns, the drama of cable tv summer reruns and the challenges of being cool while having your pesky younger sibling trailing after you everywhere you go.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

That sounds like Leave It to Beaver meets Happy Days. lol

andyznuff is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've Just heard from those in the know that all 4 Disneyworld parks will be open 24 hours a day Starting Jan 1, 2008 and that ALL disney resort hotels will have monorail stations!!!! Also, ANY Disney resort guest caught sleeping during their stay will be asked to ride Space mountain for the rest of their natural life!

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!
    In response to drop-off guest complaints, Disney will be opening a drop-off/Cell phone station near the Car Care Center. This will allow for guests to be dropped off/picked-up by drivers without paying the parking fee. To offset the revenue loss, They will be selling bus passes (similar to the old Transportation only tickets) that will allow guests to take buses from the car care center to all the parks. They will be reasonably priced, $3 for 10+ and $1 for ages 3-10. The tickets will be good for all day, allowing guests to park hop via the Car Care center if they wish.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As Disney tries to expand their religious services offerings, Port Orleans Riverside has added a Blair Witch Circle nestled in the forestry just off the beaten path. It is easily accesible, not far from the dining hall, Ol Man Swimmin Hole, & Alligator Bayou 14.

My brother & I found this seemingly abandoned campfire area surrounded by logs for seating, & dubbed it The Port Orleans Witch Circle ^^ No one was around & we were enticed down a path to a clearing by the sounds of what turned out to be a generator. Strange place!
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

In an answer to over crowded buses, Disney has come up with the following solution. To relieve bus drivers from having to ask guests not to board a bus that has reached capacity, Disney is adding a people counter at both the front and back door of it's newer buses. A yellow light flashes and an alarm gives an intermittent alert when capacity is nearly reached. The light turns to red and the alarm becomes a solid beep when capacity is reached and the doors begin to close.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast