Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss Make Up A Disney Rumor in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; We all know how many Disney rumors there are out there. From new rides, to refurbs, to hotels... you name it. I figured it'd be fun to perpetuate some of ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Lightbulb Make Up A Disney Rumor

We all know how many Disney rumors there are out there. From new rides, to refurbs, to hotels... you name it.

I figured it'd be fun to perpetuate some of our own rumors. Make up the most outrages rumor you can think of. You never know, you may look back on this thread in a couple years and find out you weren't as off as you thought you were!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

I'll start...

I heard a rumor that they are going to change the monorail track to run under the lagoon instead of over... to save a few seconds of travel time.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I heard that Disney is going to institute a "Frequent Stayers and Players Program" where members of the program get (for a fee) special pins and or lanyards to wear, allowing them to have immediate Past pass Access, get immediate seating at Restaurants and special meet the characters gatehrings at each park.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

ConstableMickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Due to the unprecedented interest in the Cinderella Castle Suite stay as part of the 2007 year of a million dreams celebration, Disney executives and Imaginers have announced that the top section of the Hotel du Canadalocated in the Canadian pavilion at Disney World’s EPCOT theme park will be converted to a 3 bedroom suite. As part of the 2008 continuation of the Year Of A Million dreams promotion, a randomly chosen family will be selected daily for a stay at the castle, which will not only include a nights stay in the specially designed suite, but will also include a dinner at Le Cellier and access to a special illuminations viewing platform that will also adjoin the suites.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Welcome to DWT ConstableMickey!

I heard they opened a new park for fairies only. The cool thing is pixie dust turns you into a fairy for 24 hours!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Rumor has it that the Jungle Cruise will get rehabbed early on next year. Inside sources claim that they will replace the skippers with the same technology found in Monsters Inc Laugh Floor to make the cruise actuallly funny and enjoyable. Skippers will be replaced with a semi-transparent screen and a talking zebra as your guide. And then to please those thrill seekers, the boats will be re-routed to go OVER Schweitzer Falls and extend the waterfall so that it is a thrilling 82 foot plunge into ancient Cambodian temple ruins. Be sure to pick up your souvenir photos at the end of the ride. For the first time ever on any attraction, there will be multiple locations where your picture will be taken. You can choose to pick up your photo where you nearly pass by bathing elephants, how your narrowly escape a headhunter attack, and yes, the before AND after photos of the death defying plunge over Schweitzer Falls. This rumor has been brought to you by a hopeful skipper that someday he'll soon escape the jungle. That is all.

fortuosity is offline NOW APPROACHING...
    Trapped in the Earful Tower with the Animaniacs
    I heard that they're refurbing the Great Movie Ride and changing every scene to be based around the film Glitter
    More Beer? What For Nothing Helps... Get Me Five Dozen Eggs Instead
    Imagination! Imagination! A Dream Can Be A Dream Come True With Just A Spark In Me And You

America, Keep On Flying Now. Keep Your Spirit Free, Facing New Frontiers

Cinderella CastleSpaceship EarthTree Of LifeEarful Tower

Instead of opening new parks I heard that WD Co is considering a Trveling "Walt Disney Experience Show" where the characters travel around in Winnebagos and visit out lying areas. I also heard this would be broadcast as a Disney reality series.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Due to increase in demand, Disneyworld will now open Blizzard Beach at night, with plenty of light for the river and heated waters, guest will be able to enjoy there favorite rides at night!
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I heard that they will be getting rid of dole whips because no body likes them.

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

flutter is offline Moderator
    I heard that Lou Mongello was going to be the new Mayor of MK and will stand at "his spot " and greet guest

apecharge is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Sources seem to indicate that the Magic Kingdom will be closing to make more room for corporate business offices. The new offices could not open up in the other areas of the Disney property due to environmental activists complaining about the forest's right to inhabit that land. The final day for the Magic Kingdom will be October 1, 2008. Tickets for that day are expected to sell out soon.
    "You can't put a price tag on creativity." -Walt Disney

Hahahahah these are great so far guys! Keep 'em coming!

I got a new one for you...

I heard that Disney is buying the state of Florida and renaming all streets, highways and interstates after Disney Execs. Additionally all street lamps will now be Mickey Heads and a mandate will be sent to God to shape all clouds over FL in the shapes of Hidden Mickeys.

I heard that for the MK Fireworks they were go9ing to phase out Tinkerbell's flight and instead were going to have Buzz lightyear do a flight as part of the plan to maximize the synergy between Pixar movies and the park experience.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

I heard that Liberty Square will get a White House makeover.
    there's nothing to get hung about

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast