Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss The Haunted Mansion Appreciation Thread in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; With Halloween swiftly approaching, I thought what better thread to start than a Haunted Mansion Appreciation Thread. Feel free to talk about your favorite ghost, special effect, show scene, Ghost ...
    SeventeenPluto is offline A-Ticket holder

The Haunted Mansion Appreciation Thread

With Halloween swiftly approaching, I thought what better thread to start than a Haunted Mansion Appreciation Thread.

Feel free to talk about your favorite ghost, special effect, show scene, Ghost Host quote, or memorable moment you had. Perhaps some of you are still traumatized by the cast member in the knight armor that used to scare people. Or there's a certain detail you point out to someone who hasn't seen it yet. Or you can simply go on and on about how amazing the new improvements are.

My personal favorite happy haunt of the 999 is the mummy sitting up from his tomb drinking tea in the graveyard scene.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    My favorite time in HM is getting stuck at the top of the stairs in the graveyard scene, Me and my brother started the "We will rock you" chant.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    One of my favorite things was going in the side entrance with my sister who had unfortunately broken her ankle and had to be in a wheelchair. It was pretty cool. The "Servants Quarters". There were little bells on strings with room names associated with them like in old houses.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

hermionefan34 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    My absolute favorite part of the whole ride is the ballroom scene. I think the whole thing about the women leading the men is kinda spooky, and that music gives me the chills!
    "The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations, and are beginning to materialize. They are assembling for a swinging wake, and will be expecting me. I will see you all a little later..."

Oh how I love the Haunted Mansion!

When I grow up, I'm gonna be an Imagineer!
    Ariel is my favorite princess!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates life for me!

Yay, I'm an E-ticket!

CameronKyle is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've always loved the gravestones in the ride queue. I could sit in line, read those, and just chuckle to myself allllll day

AussieGirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: The Haunted Mansion Appreciation Thread

I love the tombstones in the queue too...

I have a question - can you name some or all of the characters in the HM? I love the funny names that the imagineers have come up with. I can't remember most of them, and I haven't been to WDW since the HM refurbishment so there might be even more!

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I'm so excited to go and see HM. It has been on my list for a looooong time!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Probably the quintessential Disney ride if there is one. Well, that and Pirates.

Haven't seen it since the latest, latest refurb. But, saw it last year after the big refurb and was astonished at how little it mattered, yet how well it ultimately worked. They did a fantastic job with a ride that was already just fine. The differences were noticeable, yet seemed like they had been there the entire time.

Superbly done.

Two big thumbs up for the Haunted Mansion.

PAdisneygirl is offline B-Ticket Holder

I pretty much love everything about HM and am curious to see the new queue when I am at MK in October. I love the ballroom scene and pretty much everything else but I have to say that my favorite part is after having been on the ride dozens and dozens of times, I am STILL startled when the skulls pop up from behind the tombstones in the graveyard scene. No matter how much I mentally prepare and sit there saying "ok any second now something's going to pop up," they still get me every time. And it's fun because it's not some terrifying scare or anything- just a little jump.

KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by PAdisneygirl View Post
    I pretty much love everything about HM and am curious to see the new queue when I am at MK in October. I love the ballroom scene and pretty much everything else but I have to say that my favorite part is after having been on the ride dozens and dozens of times, I am STILL startled when the skulls pop up from behind the tombstones in the graveyard scene. No matter how much I mentally prepare and sit there saying "ok any second now something's going to pop up," they still get me every time. And it's fun because it's not some terrifying scare or anything- just a little jump.
    I think you just captured the essence of true Disney attractions with this statement. I, sadly, have only been to WDW 2 times in my life, but plan on riding/seeing/eating/smelling (you get the drift) everything over and over on my CP. When I think of the quintessential Disney attractions, HM, Small World, and Pirates are what come to mind. They will never get old.

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Two times?!

Oh, my dear, dear Kacie...

PAdisneygirl is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Two times?!

This
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

always looking for WDW fans to interact with, and if you live in PA/NJ that's even better!

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Two times?!

At least she has actually been to WDW...I have not.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

Two times?!

Yes, I know. First time in 2000. I still have all of my millennium merch. I was in 5th grade, lol.

Second time... well, yeah. That was in 2004 when my mom decided to take myself and my brother and sister to drop the bomb on us that she and my dad were getting a divorce. Needless to say, that trip doesn't hold many happy memories in my head.

But, now I'm a "real adult" lol and I can do whatever/whenever. I figure I can in no way afford a trip, so why not get "paid" to be there for 5 months! Am I right?

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012