Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss What are they turning Mickey's toon town fair into? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I went on a WDW holiday a couple months ago and to my horror I found out that they are knocking down Mickey's toon town fair . (The first question ...
    MJ'sPrincess is offline A-Ticket holder

Question What are they turning Mickey's toon town fair into?

I went on a WDW holiday a couple months ago and to my horror I found out that they are knocking down Mickey's toon town fair .
    (The first question I asked myself is where is Mickey going to live? )

I was just woundering if anyone new what they are turning it into?

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    are you sure they are taking out the entire Toontown?

i highly doubt that, because they have Goofy's Barnstormer and the Judge's Tent. which i think they just converted to a Faries theme as one of the options.

and we woudl probably know whats going on here on DWT.com
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    yeah, I think we would have heard something about that. Maybe they are just doing some renovations or replacing some things for the holidays?
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I was there only a few weeks ago and it seemed to be all in tact. I'll give it a look this evening and see if I notice anything out of the ordinary.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Maybe just a partial refurb to accomodate the fairies.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

MJ'sPrincess is offline A-Ticket holder
    There are planning to next year.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ'sPrincess View Post
    There are planning to next year.
    What was your source of information on this? I can only assume it's another unsubstantiated rumor. I don't see Toontown Fair going away. That said however it does "butt up" against the old 20,000 Leagues property which has had a lot of rumors surrounding it lately so it's possible that there would be a refurb to accommodate an entrance to a new attraction eventually or something of that sort.

As others have said, they just redid an entire section to accomodate the Fairy meet and greet and I know back in May they were repainting Donald's boat. Other than that, I know on occasion they do some "repainting" back there of the houses etc.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    I talked to a couple of friends i have who work at TT, and they both informed me that they arent taking any of it away. There is a rumor in there now that they are expanding it a little bit to accomodate the land itself to the utilidor, as you cannot access it from Toon town.
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I will check it out for you in a couple weeks, but I am sure it is just refurb stuff....I personally don't get a lot of use out of Toontown, but is always looks very popular when I am there. I know kids love it for the meet and greets, and especially now that the fairies are there...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!