Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss 70% of Americans have vistied Disney Parks in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com And consider this, what is worse here? people who have never been (many self selected because to them it just sounds like something they would not ...
    jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com
    And consider this, what is worse here? people who have never been (many self selected because to them it just sounds like something they would not enjoy) or the folks who go and disliked it and never want to go back again?
    People that have never been.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Brought my mom back last summer. She is back in town again right now. Four visits to me (and Mickey) in the last 8 months. She is addicted to it, not to mention her love of ToT!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    My mom was always a big Disney fan (not necessarily a Disney Nut like myself, but a big fan nonetheless). She was raised as such by her family seeing as it was always good clean, family fun. So the movies and such were always a part of my childhood as well. I made my first WDW trip when I was 3 as an only child, and then we went back again after my first brother was born, and then again after my other brother was born. Since then, we've tagged on a few other family trips. Somehow, probably through the infrequency of these trips, usually several years apart (although we did go twice in a year one time because we agreed to listen to a timeshare sales pitch and got free accomodations for the week), I grew to realize just how valuable these rare trips were, and I became just as big (if not bigger) Disney fan than my mom. The craze has ebbed and flowed over time, but since I got my season pass (which I won from my mom in a bet about my grades last semester), I have been going every couple weeks on day trips. This sudden re-emersion in WDW has rekindled the Disney spark and now I'm a bigger Disney fan then ever before. Now I'm clearly a certifiable Disney Nut, going whenever I can find the time and money, and living on this board between classes (like now!).

My best friend, who I have been close friends with since we were both 6 years old in 1st grade, has never been to WDW. He's now 21, and currently serving in the US Marine Corps and has spent 16 months out of the last 2 years in Iraq and Kuwait (God bless him). Last spring he took some of his valuable leave time to come visit me at school in Florida for a couple days. He wanted me to take him to WDW so bad, and even offered to pay for both of us, but I just couldn't find a way to possibly make it work. I didn't have a car as of that time, and didn't really have the time off to make the trip even if i could get a ride. So as of right now, he still has never been. But now that I have a car at school and the season pass, i've already told him that the next time he comes and visits, we're going to see Mickey.

Actually, if I do the math right... I can make a single day trip to the vacation kingdom at Disney for approximately $24 (I use about $8 in gas, it costs $8 to park, and I figure I usually eat about $8 worth of food for lunch. I can even bring the total cost down by parking at the Marketplace and taking a bus to the park and by bringing a sandwich.) Looking at it that way, I can go to WDW for a full day (and parkhop!) for only a couple bucks more than what it costs to go see a 2 hour movie. Can we say "Day trip anyone???"

...by the way, although that parking at the Marketplace and bussing it in trick does work and will save you a couple bucks, it's not a good idea if you are the type who is dead tired at the end of a long Disney day. You can't catch a bus directly back to the marketplace from the parks, and have to stop off at one of the resorts and catch a second ride. It added almost another full hour onto my total travel time back home that night. I just wanted to curl up on the bench outside the Contemporary and go to sleep there before the bus showed up, and by the time I got back to Daytona, I just collapsed. Good day though. Great day.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Just a quick update on my friend who went with me last week. Yeah, She's hooked! She's already planning a trip for her entire family this December!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Just a quick update on my friend who went with me last week. Yeah, She's hooked! She's already planning a trip for her entire family this December!
    It doesn't take much to get hooked.

They need to put a sign at the entrance that states-

"Warning!!!
    Disney World can be a very addictive place. Enter at your own risk!!!
    Disney cannot be held responsible for smiles, outbursts, laughter, or fun.
    You may have trouble sleeping through the night, working, talking, eating or watching TV without thinking of Disney World once you go home.
    If you think you may have become an addict, call 407-W-DISNEY and book another vacation."
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    It doesn't take much to get hooked.

They need to put a sign at the entrance that states-

"Warning!!!
    Disney World can be a very addictive place. Enter at your own risk!!!
    Disney cannot be held responsible for smiles, outbursts, laughter, or fun.
    You may have trouble sleeping through the night, working, talking, eating or watching TV without thinking of Disney World once you go home.
    If you think you may have become an addict, call 407-W-DISNEY and book another vacation."

I love it!!!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Wow, great sign idea! Somebody should really post that, cause it's true!!1
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12