Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss Need some help from Disney Trivia experts... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hi everyone! I am in a Disney Trivia contest and I am totally stumped on a few of the questions. I was hoping someone here might be able to help ...
    artaxx is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Need some help from Disney Trivia experts...

Hi everyone! I am in a Disney Trivia contest and I am totally stumped on a few of the questions. I was hoping someone here might be able to help out. ok...here's the questions:

1. The flags of two nations hang in the Magic Kingdom at WDW. Which countries are they from?

2. An oil rig was taken from Mexico and reconstructed in WDW. Why?

3. What defunct attraction was never included in Disneyland Paris, even though the attraction was included in each of the other three Magic Kingdoms before it?

For the first one, one of the flags has to be the US flag, but I am not sure what the other one might be and I can't find anything about it anywhere. As for the second, i think it might be to construct the tree of life, but I'm not sure. and the third, my best guess is Country Bears, but I'm not too sure.

Don't worry, this part of the contest is "open book", so I'm not cheating. Anyone help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Re: Need some help from Disney Trivia experts...

1. How about the Imagi-nation. I honestly have no idea, but thought that'd be worth a shot

2) Tree of life sounds about right, since the structure is 'based off' an oil rig, so why not take an existing oil rig and build ontop of it?

3) French people don't like Jungle Cruise.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

For the first question: There are definately US Flags in MK, and I'm thinking British as well - between Peter Pan themes as well the Revolutionary themed Liberty Square, there must be one somewhere!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

The first one is the Swiss flag at Swiss Family Robinson and the American flag.

The second one I'm pretty sure is for the Tree of Life

I'm not too sure about the third though
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I had an epiphany about the flag!! The Flag of Switzerland.... in Swiss Family Treehouse

[I swear envypeterpan's post was not there when i posted lol]
    Last edited by tdf192; 08-23-2009 at 04:05 AM.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Quote Originally Posted by artaxx View Post
    Hi everyone! I am in a Disney Trivia contest and I am totally stumped on a few of the questions. I was hoping someone here might be able to help out. ok...here's the questions:

1. The flags of two nations hang in the Magic Kingdom at WDW. Which countries are they from?

The Swiss flag at the Treehouse, and the Union Jack (England) at the queue of the Jungle Cruise

2. An oil rig was taken from Mexico and reconstructed in WDW. Why?

It was used as the base structure for the Tree of Life in DAK

3. What defunct attraction was never included in Disneyland Paris, even though the attraction was included in each of the other three Magic Kingdoms before it?

I don't think DLRP has a Tom Sawyer Island, does it? (but then again, you said "defunct" attraction... hmm.... open to input on this one)

Good luck!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

What about 20,000 Leagues for the third one. I'm not too sure about this one though.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!