Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss Disney Fun Facts in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Part of Your World ultimately stayed in the movie due to it being a vital part in the storyline...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Disney Fun Facts

Part of Your World ultimately stayed in the movie due to it being a vital part in the storyline
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    At DHS, there was once a prosthetic hand turned into lost and found from Rockin Rollercoaster. Dont know it to be fact but it is a common rumor amongst CM around the resort.
    Considering the extreme cost of such a thing, I would seriously doubt the story.

IT's a good one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Considering the extreme cost of such a thing, I would seriously doubt the story.

IT's a good one, though.
    Not necessarily. When i was working at Universal, there were 2 occasions in which a prosthetic limb was retrieved from a coaster. Once was a leg at Hulk, the second was an arm at Dueling Dragons. In the wake of those events, Universal Orlando made it a rule that detachable prosthetics were not allowed on the coasters, for safety reasons.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Interesting.

I can't even fathom why somebody would take a chance!

In the excitement of the moment, some folks just dont take it into consideration. Thats why the attendants atthe ride have to keep an eye out for it. Alot of times it ends up in a disagreement, but on rides such as Dueling Dragons and Hulk, where the ride itself crosses paths with a populated area of the park, loose articles such as bags and cameras need to be kept stowed, and this has to include removable prosthetic limbs

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by arielfan316 View Post
    Part Of Your World the most iconic song from The Little Mermaid was almost cut from the movie. Co-directors Ron Clements and John Musker believed it slowed down the plot but Howard Ashman fought for it to stay in.
    I am glad he did. This is my all time #1 favorite song
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    I am glad he did. This is my all time #1 favorite song
    Mine too
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

Originally, Splash Mountain's logs did not have seat restraints due to fear that they could sink into the flume and entrap visitors. Recently the logs were fitted with lap restraints equipped with a quick release in the event of a sinking log. This was due to guests (and from my experience as a CM at Splash, mostly miscreant teenagers) getting out of the log and walking around.

Is the water even deep enough for the logs to completely submerge?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Is the water even deep enough for the logs to completely submerge?!
    In some areas they are, but the flume over the years has been worked to keep the logs above the water level. The restraints are essentially to keep guests in the log and out of the flume- the flume water is nasty and when a CM falls in-and i can attest to this from experience- its an automatic tetanus shot.

Yeah. Reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Bart was goading Lisa to drink the water on a ride at Duff World.

As for the restraints, we all know of the grisly situation that happened on Splash in WDW that led to the lap bars...

Grisly Situation?? Was it recent? Unless it happened there between 2004 and 2007 I dont know about it

My mistake. For some reason I thought the 2000 incident had happened a bit more recently.

Ah, i heard about that one. That incident resulted in the intrusion sensors which automatically stop the ride when tripped.

i-neighborhood Guest

That's encouraging since many times you get wet on this ride.

And those prosthetic attachments, ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    In some areas they are, but the flume over the years has been worked to keep the logs above the water level. The restraints are essentially to keep guests in the log and out of the flume- the flume water is nasty and when a CM falls in-and i can attest to this from experience- its an automatic tetanus shot.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast