Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss Disney Fun Facts in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; When Tony Baxter first introduced the idea of teaming up with George Lucas to create new attractions in the parks, a lot of folks in Imagineering were "bewildered".......look what happened ...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Disney Fun Facts

When Tony Baxter first introduced the idea of teaming up with George Lucas to create new attractions in the parks, a lot of folks in Imagineering were "bewildered".......look what happened though!! Disney now owns Lucasfilms!!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

In September of 1985, Admission to Disney World's Magic Kingdom or Epcot Center is $19.50 for adults, $16.50 for ages 3-12. Note back then a child was a child until they were a teenager.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Disney's Fireworks are launched using a pneumatic launching system, rather than rocket cartridge, to prevent seeing a "trail" on the firework.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

dpotts is offline A-Ticket holder
    The brown strip in the middle of the road in Liberty Square is symbolic of the open sewers that existed during that time.
    HauntedGabe and froland_04-08 like this.

The shutters on the upstairs houses in the liberty square have leather straps for upper hinges. This is a nod to using leather straps for upper hinges in those times due to the rarity of metal
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Disney Guests started paying more for admission at WDW to enter the MK in 2013 if they purchase a one day admission ticket.

Yet if guests chose to visit DHS, AK or Epcot the one day price was $5 less.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

All of the sounds you hear around the WDW resort that arent natural....are controlled in one area beneath the MK, DACS.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    All of the sounds you hear around the WDW resort that arent natural....are controlled in one area beneath the MK, DACS.
    I didn't know that!

I want to hear the rest of that story.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I have heard this. I heard that the cricket sounds at some of the resorts were not real
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Each night I walk along the planked covered walkway to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge I wonder how many bullfrogs there really are in the woods. I've seen quiet ones like deer, bunnies, snakes and turtles around the resort and even on the banks of the waterway behind Saratoga Springs facing Downtown Disney. The sounds of woodland critters at Wilderness Lodge are a bit excessive. If there's even a slight ring of truth to this, it would certainly explain a lot.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I think people missed the key words, "aren't natural"

It's the music, etc.

But DACS is actually more than that...it's the audio-animatronic control center. It stands for Digital Animation Control Systems, but it really is the Magic Kingdom's computer room for everything, from cash registers to parade control.

It also controls some of these things at Epcot as well, but I'm not sure if the other two parks are included.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

It's the music, etc.

But DACS is actually more than that...it's the audio-animatronic control center. It stands for Digital Animation Control Systems, but it really is the Magic Kingdom's computer room for everything, from cash registers to parade control.

It also controls some of these things at Epcot as well, but I'm not sure if the other two parks are included.
    From what I can remember, it has everything for the entire resort, and I remember calling into DACS base when the attraction went down. Thats where maintenance used to have their base, until they were given a new headquarters just for ride maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

It's the music, etc.

So does DACS control those lovely fake smells piped into the parks also?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    So does DACS control those lovely fake smells piped into the parks also?
    No, those are each individually controlled at each location i believe.....At least on Main Street that was the case with the confectionary and Caseys Corner
    HauntedGabe likes this.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

But on a serious note, what 'sounds' are we talking about here? Clearly not the train. And not something as obvious as the tap dancing school. So what sounds are piped in?
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast