Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss Disney Fun Facts in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by froland_04-08 The roman numeral clock on Cinderellas castle reads IIII instead of IV. During Roman times IIII and IV were interchangeable, and Disney felt it was easier ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Disney Fun Facts

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    The roman numeral clock on Cinderellas castle reads IIII instead of IV. During Roman times IIII and IV were interchangeable, and Disney felt it was easier to read IIII
    Although Disney may have had a choice between using IIII and IV for the clock, it is actually fairly common for IIII to be used on a clock face. There are a lot of theories as to why.
    nicholas and froland_04-08 like this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

When pulling into port, Disney cruise captains use a podium outside of the main wheelhouse. It has joysticks instead of a wheel and throttle control, and they stand on a clear plate glass, where directly below they have a clear view of the landing.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Part Of Your World was almost edited out of The Little Mermaid because people were fidgeting around a lot during it in the pre-screenings but Howard Ashman fought for it to be left in because he said it was essential to the plot to know what Ariel wanted.
    Last edited by arielfan316; 02-13-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

When pulling into port, Disney cruise captains use a podium outside of the main wheelhouse. It has joysticks instead of a wheel and throttle control, and they stand on a clear plate glass, where directly below they have a clear view of the landing.
    I don't know about the Wonder or Magic, but I had a pretty good view of one of the two pilot houses (not sure the official name) on the Dream from our room, and I don't recall any glass floor. The windows however are angled so that the pilot can get a clear view around and down.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I don't know about the Wonder or Magic, but I had a pretty good view of one of the two pilot houses (not sure the official name) on the Dream from our room, and I don't recall any glass floor. The windows however are angled so that the pilot can get a clear view around and down.
    I actually meant to put Wonder and Magic. The bridge on these ships are built differently than the newer ones. On the Magic and Wonder the console they use is actually outside
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Walt Disney gave his housekeeper Disney stock every year for the holidays. She died a multi-millionaire
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

The attraction Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at the WDW is on the inside of the WDW Railroad loop, while the roundhouse where the trains are maintananced and stored are on the outside of the loop. The trains are sent across the WDWRR tracks by a swing bridge that connects the roundhouse track with the attraction. The CM removes the trains from BTM only when a WDWRR train is at the frontierland station, so that the WDWRR locomotive engineer is aware that the swing bridge is out.

I have done the removal and adding from the roundhouse several times as a CM at BTMRR. Next time you are on the WDWRR, as you depart from the Frontierland Station look to the left, you can see the bridge, and you can see the storage track to the right.

The last little mini drop at Splash Mountain was created due to the ride track being built uneven. Rather than rebuild the part of the flume leading up to the meeting point, they just added in a drop
    nicholas likes this.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

The last little mini drop at Splash Mountain was created due to the ride track being built uneven. Rather than rebuild the part of the flume leading up to the meeting point, they just added in a drop
    Thanks, I always wondered what that was all about.

Never heard that!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

When Epcot's World Showcase last expanded, the Soviet Union still existed.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    When Epcot's World Showcase last expanded, the Soviet Union still existed.

...and Russia was one of the planned expansions at one time...

...and what is the "African Outpost" between China and Germany (and one of the largest sectors in the World Showcase) was supposed to be built shortly after opening as "Equatorial Africa". It was even mentioned in the "Wonderful World of Disney" special on Epcot's opening, with Alex Haley (Roots) talking about it.

It never happened, obviously.
    Doc

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

When the Rock N Roller Coaster Staring Aerosmith had its first birthday Disney celebrated by building a Stratocaster guitar in the parking lot made out of Corvettes.
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    ...and Russia was one of the planned expansions at one time...

...and what is the "African Outpost" between China and Germany (and one of the largest sectors in the World Showcase) was supposed to be built shortly after opening as "Equatorial Africa". It was even mentioned in the "Wonderful World of Disney" special on Epcot's opening, with Alex Haley (Roots) talking about it.

It never happened, obviously.
    Isn't it just amazing how many countries have been somewhat imagineered for the WS and nothing happens?
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-03-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Rhine River Tour space was built into Epcot Germany however the cruise down the Rhine was never built.
    The attractions entrance is now the dining room. The actual attraction portion was built and is used for storage.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast