Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss The List... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; 29th Annual Festival of the Masters November 12-14, 2004 LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- More award-winning visual artists than ever before will weave their magic and transform Downtown Disney into ...
    hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    29th Annual
    Festival of the Masters

November 12-14, 2004

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- More award-winning visual artists than ever before will weave their magic and transform Downtown Disney into a vast outdoor gallery during the 29th annual Festival of the Masters Nov. 12-14. The event features honorees from top art festivals around the country, and offers a diversity of artistic experiences including live entertainment and children's activities.
    More than 175 artists will showcase their wares in the hopes of winning an award. Judging this year's entries are Dorothy Gillespie, whose art patrons include the City of Orlando; Paul Goodnight, whose work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian and the Museum of Fine Arts; and Joseph Rowand, owner of the Somerhill Gallery in North Carolina, one of the largest galleries in the Southeast.

from Allearsnet
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    The recently announced Phase III of Saratoga Springs will add another 176 units, bringing the total number of units to 828, making it the largest DVC property to date.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

reply to: Not sure what this means, but

Quote Originally Posted by akur
    For the first time in history, Walt Disney's beloved CP 173 Lilly Belle locomotive, which was the pride of Walt's miniature large scale Carolwood Pacific Railroad, has been produced in popular garden gauge (1:24 scale). It will go on sale at Disneyland on Oct. 8, 2000, in the Disneyana Shop on Main Street USA.
    CP stands for Carolwood Pacific, the name of Walts backyard railroad, 173 was the engine number he chose (the number on the little round plate on the front of the engine), he chose the number basically because it went with the engine design he chose, Walt fell in love with the design of a model Jerry Best had built. Mr Best had built the model from a set of blueprints for the actual Central Pacific No. 173 a 4-4-0 (4 leading wheels-4 drivers-0trailing wheels) engine Walt told Mr. Best that it was the most beutifully proportioned locomotive ever built.

Mr Bests model was ½ inch scale (I don't know how that translates to ratio) Walt's was 1/8th scale (one eighth the size of the original full sized Central Pacific RR engine).

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

is Disney's newest value accommodation resort. It is located near the Disney MGM-Studios at Osceola Parkway and Century Way and encompasses 177 acres. Within features larger-than-life icons of pop culture fads, toys, dance crazes and catch phrases. The first phase of the, the Classic Years 1950s-90s, has begun taking reservations since December, 2003.

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    SPECTACLE OF LIGHTS SHINES BRIGHTLY AT DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS - The now-famous "Spectacle of Lights" earns its name with more than 3 million bulbs during its third annual appearance at the Disney-MGM Studios now through Jan. 4. The lights blanket the 760-foot-long Residential Street, the Washington Square backlot and are expanded this year onto New York Street. Championed by Arkansas businessman Jennings Osborne, who received worldwide attention for the Little Rock light show he created a decade ago for his daughter, the dazzling display includes 178 angels, 50 bells, 20 candles, 20 snowmen, trains, sleighs, two 30-foot-high carousels, 45 lighted Mickey Mouse shapes and the 70-foot-high, 100,000-bulb Tree of Lights.

From Allearsnet
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

hate to keep using the golf theme

Golf Course Review - Osprey Ridge Golf Course

13 - Par 3 179 Yds

REVIEW: Another true legendary designer of golf courses, Tom Fazio carved out the blueprint for Osprey Ridge. He created a links-style design that was rated by Golf Digest as the seventh best public course in Florida for 1996, just four years after it opened. The course was built on rolling terrain and features high-mounded greens that will challenge most players. One of Fazio's goals in the building of this course was to change as little of the natural landscape as possible. Here you'll find oak forests and dense vegetation throughout its entire design while there is ample evidence for preserving all of the adjacent wetlands and other natural areas. The course features some of the best par 3's at Disney, from as little as 179 yards to as much as the 222-yard fifth.
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

Well, I didn't even have to look this one up... Spaceship Earth's geosphere is 180 feet tall!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    "Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (181 club-level rooms and suites) wows guests of its Royal Palm Club and Sugar Loaf Club with curbside and in-room check-in, plus a daily tea event in both lounges. "
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

The first incarnation of the Walt Disney anthology series, commonly called The Wonderful World of Disney, premiered on ABC on October 27, 1954 under the name Disneyland. The series consisted of 770 episodes from 1954 to present, 182 B&W, and 588 full-color.
    Does anybody else know what was significant about this date (besides being the day before I was born!)?
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!

Another easy one

Space Mountain in Tomorrowland® rises 183 feet,
    Ana The Librarian

Books available

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Phase I of Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa opened with 184 rooms.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Another tall one

This is the building that has come to symbolize all things Disney. The castle was inspired by the Schloß Neuschwanstein in the Bavarian region of Germany. It's only 185-feet tall, but seems much larger because of forced perspective -- the bricks and other details get smaller as the building gets taller. The result is a castle that appears 300 feet tall. This was particularly evident during a recent event when Disney decorated the castle.
    Ana The Librarian

Books available

There is a seating area for 186 people in Mara, the Animal Kingdom Lodge's quick service dining area.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

Future Disney Trips:

according to a 1998 report at:
    http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/Secrets.html

Busses
    1. Disney has 187 busses
      REPORTED: Tom and Renée Shaw 29 MAR 98

The World of Motion Pavilion at Disney World's EPCOT closes. This sleek, circular structure housed one of Disney's largest collections of Audio-Animatronic figures (188) set in 24 scenes. Each one depicted the progression of transportation
    and society through the ages.

RIP
    Ana The Librarian

Books available

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast