Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss couple of trivia questions I'd like answers to in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; who was the voice actor that spoke: "Dead men tell no tales" in POC? My second question is, what was the pricing of the ride "tickets" when WDW first opened? ...
    Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder

couple of trivia questions I'd like answers to

who was the voice actor that spoke: "Dead men tell no tales" in POC?

My second question is, what was the pricing of the ride "tickets" when WDW first opened?

I don't know the answers, anyone out there?

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewdwfan
    who was the voice actor that spoke: "Dead men tell no tales" in POC?

My second question is, what was the pricing of the ride "tickets" when WDW first opened?

I don't know the answers, anyone out there?
    The voice is of:

Xavier Atencio

Sometimes Credited As:
    F. Xavier Atencio IMDbPro Professional Details
    Filmography as: Miscellaneous Crew, Writer, Production Designer, Himself

Miscellaneous Crew - filmography
    (2000s) (1980s) (1960s) (1950s)

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) (lyricist: "Yo Ho - A Pirate's Life for Me")
    2. A Dream Called Walt Disney World (1981) (V) (lyricist: "Yo Ho - A Pirate's Life for Me")
    3. Mary Poppins (1964) (designer: nursery sequence)
    4. The Misadventures of Merlin Jones (1964) (special titles)
    5. Bon Voyage! (1962) (special titles)
    6. Babes in Toyland (1961) (layout artist)
    7. The Parent Trap (1961) (special titles)
    8. Noah's Ark (1959) (animator)
    9. The Shaggy Dog (1959) (title designer)
    10. The Truth About Mother Goose (1957) (layout artist)
    11. A Cowboy Needs a Horse (1956) (layout artist)
    12. Toot Whistle Plunk and Boom (1953) (animator)
      ... aka Adventures in Music: Toot Whistle Plunk and Boom (USA: complete title)

Writer - filmography
    (1970s) (1960s)

1. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977) (story)
    2. A Symposium on Popular Songs (1962) (story)

Production Designer - filmography

1. A Symposium on Popular Songs (1962)

Himself - filmography

1. Walt: The Man Behind the Myth (2001) (TV) .... Himself (Imagineer)
    also, Paul Frees does a lot of voice work in the ride:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Paul Frees

Paul Frees (June 22, 1920 - November 2, 1986) was an American voice actor.

Born Solomon Hersh Frees in Chicago, he began his acting career in 1942, and remained active for over forty years. During this time, he was involved in more than 250 films, cartoons, and TV appearances; like many voice actors, his appearances were often uncredited.

Frees' early radio career was cut short when he was drafted into World War II where he was at Normandy on D-Day. He was wounded in action and was returned to the United States for a year of recuperation. He attended the Chouinard Art Institute under the G.I. Bill. His first wife's failing health forced him to drop out and return to radio work. He appeared frequently on such Hollywood radio series, including Escape, playing lead roles and alternating with William Conrad as the opening voice, Suspense as the opening announcer in the late 40s, and parts on Gunsmoke and Crime Classics. One of his few starring roles in this medium was as Jethro Dumont in the 1949 series The Green Lama, as well as a syndicated mystery series The Player' (1948), in which Frees narrated and played all of the parts.

Frees was often called upon in the 1950s and 1960s to "re-loop" the dialogue of other actors, often to correct for foreign accents, complete lack of English proficiency, or poor line readings by unprofessionals. These dubs extended from a few lines to entire roles. This can be noticed rather clearly in the film Tora! Tora! Tora! where Frees reads for Toshiro Mifune's performance as Admiral Yamamoto.

Some of his most memorable voices were those of Disney's Professor Ludwig Von Drake, the narrator in The Haunted Mansion and several pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean (both rides at Disney parks), and many characters in Rankin-Bass stop-motion animated TV specials such as the Burgermeister Meisterburger in Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (1970).

He was a regular presence in Jay Ward cartoons, providing the voices of Boris Badenov, Inspector Fenwick (from Dudley Do-Right), and the Hoppity Hooper narrator, among numerous others. While most voice actors settled down with one major studio for their career, he spent major parts of his career working with at least 9 of the major animation production companies of the 20th century: Walt Disney Studios, Walter Lantz Studios, UPA, Hanna-Barbera, Filmation, MGM Studios, DePatie-Freleng Enterprises, and the aforementioned Jay Ward Productions and Rankin-Bass Company.

He provided the voices of both John Lennon and George Harrison in the 1964 cartoon series based on The Beatles, and of The Thing in the 1967 series based on the Fantastic Four.

In TV commercials, he was the voice of the Pillsbury Doughboy, the 7-Up "Undeer," and the elf who called out to the Jolly Green Giant, "Hey, Green Giant, what's new besides ho-ho-ho?" Frees also provided the voice of the eccentric billionaire John Beresford Tipton, always seated in his chair with his back to the viewer while talking to his employee Michael Anthony (Marvin Miller), on the live-action dramatic series The Millionaire.

Although Frees is primarily known for his voice work, he was also a songwriter and screenwriter, his major work being the little-seen 1960 film The Beatniks, a Reefer Madness-esque screed against the then-rising Beatnik counterculture.

A few other odds and ends of Frees' voice work:

External link
    For the answer to your ticket question check out this link 1970's Walt Disney World Tickets

from www.allearsnet.com
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 08-25-2005 at 02:42 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Forgive the shameless plug, but I wrote an artcile about the price of admission in 1971 here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...wer.php?aid=72

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    It's all about the plug-ins with you! Even on the PodCasts!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Well, if you think that, you should just go buy yourself a copy of my book, put on your DWT t-shirt, grab an iPod and DWT pin collection, book yourself a trip to WDW, http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/vacations.php, and... umm.... (did I hit everything there?)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Yay!
    But don't forget the cool yellow DWT bag. In fact, because he wears it so well, I nominate Tampa to be the official DWT bag model!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney