Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss Help with a Disney Movie crossword puzzle... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I'm working on a crossword puzzle in my school's newspaper. normally I don't bother with these, but this week's topic was "Disney Movies", so I found it hard to pass ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Help with a Disney Movie crossword puzzle...

I'm working on a crossword puzzle in my school's newspaper. normally I don't bother with these, but this week's topic was "Disney Movies", so I found it hard to pass up the oportunity. I've solved all but 3 of the answers so far, and I can't seem to make sense of them.

One of them has the clue: paper strikers
    It's a 7 letter solution with the 5th letter being an "I".

The second of them has the clue: gets a chance to go to mars
    This one is a 9 letter solution, and the 7th letter is "M".

The third one has the clue: comic artist turned flying hero
    I don't have any solved letters for this one yet, but it's a 9 letter solution, and the 3rd letter of this answer is also the last letter of the previous solution (the "gets a chance to go to mars" one).

I've solved 22 out of 25 answers so far, and it's just killing me to have these three left. Please help! The prize for the first three people to turn in a completed puzzle is a Subway gift certificate, and free food is a good thing in college! Thanks guys!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Ooh... I just found the answer to the second one! It's Rocket Man!

This means now that the 3rd letter of the last solution is an "N". Any ideas?
    -Don-

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I think Newsies is number one

I'll work on number 3
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Newsies works! I'd never heard of that one, but I just read the summary on imdb.com and it seems to be the one. Thanks Bonny! You can have a bite of my sandwich if I win!

So now all I need is the "comic artist turned flying hero"... 9 letters, third one is an "N".
    -Don-

Condorman!!!!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

It works!... And it's complete! That's two bites of my sandwich I owe you if I win this thing!

Here's a scan of my completed puzzle in all its glory. I'm going to see if the newpaper office is still open when I go back to school for my evening class. If not, I'll drop it off in the morning and hope I'm a winner. I probably will be... I don't think a whole lot of people take part in these contests. I should be one of the first three done... assuming even that many take part. I've only done one other contest through this paper, and that was last year when they offered some "Incredibles" prize bags for answering some trivia about the movie. That one was easy... at least... for me it was.

Thanks Bonny!

-Don-

Bad news, gang... I wasn't quick enough. By the time I picked up my copy of the paper at lunch time, people were already turning in their results. 3 correct sets of results were in by 1pm... and I was only 4 hours late.

Apparently people really get into this crossword puzzle thing, because the guy I talked to at the newspaper says they always come in real fast. Sigh... oh well. No free food for Don this week

I think they need to have another Trivia contest. Apparently I was pretty good at that.
    -Don-

I'm sorry Don.....

BTW, any chnace of you getting ot the parks on any Thu or Fri anytime soon (like in the next six weeks?)

Not really... classes on those days. MAYBE (and i stress maybe) Fri 12/9... because I don't have classes after the 8th. But I am planning to be getting myself and my apartment ready to leave that day. I fly home to CT on the 10th. Otherwise I'm kind of limited to weekends (but even that may change now that I'm taking 2 flight courses!)
    -Don-