WDW Trivia and Games Discuss The Disney Code - NEW CONTEST! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Answers will either be up tonight or tomorrow with the winner! Please don't share any just yet, I tried to work hard on making the questions tricky and fun, hopefully ...
Answers will either be up tonight or tomorrow with the winner! Please don't share any just yet, I tried to work hard on making the questions tricky and fun, hopefully I can share them first myself and be able to defend/explain them fairly .
- Brant Wigginton
1) THE CHARACTER WHOSE HEAD IS ONLY SEEN ON THE COVER OF THE
MAGIC KINGDOM GUIDEMAP WHICH WAS VALID ON THE 24TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE OPENING OF THE DISNEY WORLD PARK WHICH OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11 DAYS AFTER THE 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD MARATHON
River Country closed 11 days after the marathon, the guidemap of the 24th anniversary of River Country’s opening was the week of June 19-25, 2000. On that week’s MK guidemap features Pooh and the head of Eeyore.
2) THE DIRECT ADJECTIVE IN THE TITLE OF THE WDW ATTRACTION WHERE A PARTICULAR OBJECT PLAYS AN IMPORTANT PART IN THE STORY, THE NAME OF WHICH IS FOUND BY REARRANGING THE FIRST LETTERS OF THE NAMES OF THE LAST FIVE OF A STRING OF SEVEN PEOPLE AT DISNEY WORLD UNITED BY THE SAME TYPE OF EVENT OCCURRING IN CONSECUTIVE YEARS. THE FIRST PERSON IN THE STRING OF SEVEN SHARES THE NAME WITH A RELATIVE OF A PERSON AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM WHOSE SURNAME IS WEAVER.
The seven people are the seven winsome wives from Bluebeard’s stone outside the Haunted Mansion.
here lieth his loving wives
The initial of the last five are A-P-P-E-L, rearranged to spell APPLE, which plays an important role in Snow White’s Scary Adventures. Scary is the direct adjective.
3) IN THE NAME OF A DISNEY PARK EATERY, IT’S THE WORD THAT IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWS THE OBJECT THAT IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWS A NUMBER IN A SONG FEATURED IN A WDW ATTRACTION WHOSE NAME IS DERIVED FROM A SONG WHICH WAS FIRST PERFORMED IN THE WEEK THE GUIDEMAP IN QUESTION 1 HAS PRINTED ON IT, IN THE YEAR 1880.
The song O Canada was first performed on June 24, 1880 (wikipedia.com), the object following the number in the song from the attraction is Sunset (10,000 sunsets). The eatery is the Sunset RANCH Market.
4) THE NAME OF THE MAIN PLAZA OF THE WDW LOCATION WHOSE PHONE NUMBER’S LAST 4 DIGITS ARE THE SAME AS THE STREET ADDRESS OF THE OTHER WDW LOCATION THAT IS REPRESENTED BY THE IMAGE SHOWN HERE
The image is a former logo for the Contemporary, 4600 N. World drive. Disneyquest’s phone number is (407) 828-4600. Ventureport is the main plaza of Disneyquest
5) THE FICTIONAL COUNTRY IDENTIFIED IN A NOW EXTINCT DISNEY WORLD SHOW THAT FEATURED THE CHARACTER KING LEOPOLD III; THE SHOW BEING BASED ON ANOTHER WORK STARRING THE CELEBRITY WHO HOSTED A SOUNDSTAGE SEGMENT OF THE ORIGINAL DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS’ BACKSTAGE TOUR.
The country of Balonia is from **** Tracy and the Diamond Doublecross, extinct from the Disney-MGM Studios. Warren Beatty who played Tracy in the movies was narrator on the tour.
6) THE SURNAME OF THE PERSON REFERENCED IN THE TOP-LEFT IMAGE ON THE DISNEY WORLD POSTCARD ISSUED IN 1980 WITH CARD# WDW-XXXX, WHERE THE FOUR X’S REPRESENTS THE MONTH AND YEAR OF WHICH A CERTAIN OBJECT MADE OF RIPSTOP NYLON DEPARTED DISNEY WORLD TO GO TO NIAGARA FALLS.
The object is the millennium balloon, which left September 2000 (09/00). Disney World postcard WDW-0900 shows the ferry Richard Irvine.
7) THE COLLECTIVE NAME OF THE PEOPLE WHO APPEARED AT DISNEY WORLD IN 2000 IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE PERSON WHO HAS THE SAME NAME AS THE NAMESAKE OF THE MINE PASSED THROUGH ON BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD
ANS: THE TURTLES
The mine is the Davy Jones Mine on Big Thunder Mountain. In 2000, The Turtles were on the Flower Power concert lineup immediately before Davy Jones.
8) INSTRUMENT BEING PLAYED BY TWO PEOPLE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF YOUR VEHICLE JUST BEFORE YOU EXIT THE THIRD AREA OF THE RIDE SIGNFIED BY THE MELODY “DO DO TI LA SO MI SO DO DO TI LA TI,” STRESSING THE NOTE THAT IS EQUIVALENT TO THE NUMBER OF KENNELS AT DISNEY WORLD
The melody is the theme from El Rio del Tiempo, the instrument is a Xylophone.
9) HOMETOWN OF THE HISTORICAL FIGURE BORN IN 1881 THAT IS DEPICTED OVER A FIREPLACE IN THE DISNEY RESORT LOCATED AT GPS COORDINATES LAT. = 28 DEGREES, X MINUTES, 00 SECONDS AND LONG. = -81 DEGREES, Y MINUTES, 25 SECONDS, WHERE Y IS THE HIGHEST NUMBERED RIDE CAR ON TEST TRACK AT EPCOT, AND X IS THE NUMBER OF WHEELS ON THAT VEHICLE.
Margate, hometown of Lucy the Elephant is the model on the mantle of the Boardwalk Inn Fireplace, located at 28 22 00 and -81 33 25. There are 22 wheels on Car 33 of Test Track.
10) ALPHABETICALLY FIRST OF THE TWO FOUR-LETTER WORDS COMMON TO THE NAMES OF TWO DIFFERENT ‘PAIRS’ OF CHARACTERS IN THE ATTRACTION THAT OPENED NEAREST TO THE HALFWAY POINT OF THE LONGEST STRETCH OF TIME BETWEEN THE OFFICIAL OPENING DATES OF TWO CONSECUTIVE MAGIC KINGDOM ATTRACTIONS THAT CURRENTLY HAVE FASTPASS
Captain EO opened closest to the halfway between the opening of Big Thunger Mountain railroad and Splash Mountain, about 11 and a half years between the two openings the two pairs of characters are The Geex and Major Domo/Minor Domo. Domo comes before Geex alphabetically.
11) PARTNER OF THE MEET AND GREET DISNEY CHARACTER WHO SHARES A NAME WITH THE STORM REFERENCED IN THE POEM FOUND AT DISNEY WORLD THAT BEGINS “A FURIOUS STORM ONCE ROARED ‘CROSS THE SEA”
The “furious storm” comes from the poem telling the story of Typhoon Lagoon, which was torn up by Hurricane Connie. Conniesaurus is the wife of Carnotaurus as Animal Kingdom meet and greet characters.
12) NAME OF THE DISNEY CHARACTER WHO HEADLINES THE SAME NUMERICAL SEASON OF MICKEY’S PHILHARMAGIC AS THAT OF THE SITCOM’S DISNEY WORLD EPISODE WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTERS STAY AT THE RESORT THAT HAS TWO SUITES THAT BOTH BEGIN WITH THE LETTER “Y”
The Wilderness Lodge has the Yellowstone and Yosemite suites. The Wilderness Lodge is where the Winslows stayed on the Family Matters Disney World episodes, in its sixth season. The sixth season of Mickey’ Philharmagic, according to the posters, starred Wheezy.
13) NAME OF THE VEHICLE MOST ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISNEY WORLD ATTRACTION THAT FEATURES THE CHARACTERS OF ZEEBUB, MS. SKINNER, AND PHILIP PRINZ. THE NAME IS THE ANAGRAM OF ANOTHER ATTRACTION AT DISNEY WORLD, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ONE LETTER, WHICH IS FOUND ON THE ELEVATOR DOOR AT THE END OF THE TOWER OF TERROR. A PROP USED BY GUESTS IN THE FIRST ATTRACTION IS VERY SIMILAR TO A PROP USED BY CHARACTERS IN THE PIECE OF WORK ON WHICH THE ANAGRAMMED ATTRACTION IS BASED.
Those characters are from the Disneyquest attraction “Ride the Comix.” The speeder ship you stand in when playing is the Turbostar. Also an anagram for Star Tours, changing the S for a B (on Tower of Terror doors). You use light sword in Ride the Comix, just like the light sabers in Star Wars.
14) THE LAST KNOWN NAME OF THE LOCATION AT DISNEY WORLD WHO’S THREE PREVIOUS NAMES BEGAN WITH THE LETTERS R, B, AND T IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. DURING THE TIME WHEN THE ATTRACTION’S NAME BEGAN WITH A ‘T’, ITS SPECIAL ATTRACTION TICKET HAD THE PICTURE OF AN ANIMAL THAT SHARES THE SAME FIRST LETTER AS ONE OF THE ATTRACTION’S PREVIOUS NAMES AND ALSO IS THE NAMESAKE OF A SWAN RESORT MEETING ROOM.
ANS: DISCOVERY ISLAND
Riles Island, Blackbeard’s Island, Treasure Island were the three former names for Discovery Island. Treasure Island had a toucan on the old attraction ticket, the Swan Resort has a Toucan Room.
- Brant Wigginton
When you transfer the letter to the blanks, you get:
COMPANY ON SEMI NEAR
If you go to live.local.com, and find the Polynesian Resort on its Bird's Eye photographic aerial imaging, you'll easily spot a Coca-Cola truck just west of the resort's Main entrance. The final answer is Coke or Coca-Cola.
OF ALL THE ENTRIES I RECEIVED, ONLY ONE GOT THE CORRECT FINAL ANSWER AND SENT IT TO THE E-MAIL PROVIDED, EVEN THOUGH THIS PERSON DID NOT GET ALL THE INDIVIDUAL ANSWERS CORRECT. ALL THAT WAS NEEDED TO QUALIFY WAS THE FINAL ANSWER. THAT PERSON....
NASANUT AKA JAMES DEZERN!
Congrats and James will be getting $20 in Disney Dollars as soon as I recieve his current mailing address! Thank you all for trying this game!
Last edited by Joe Carioca; 06-30-2006 at 08:36 PM.
- Brant Wigginton
Some people have WAY too much time on their hands! Congratulations James. And DANG Brant. Not all of us are rocket scientists! LOL!
They call me "Nana"
Congratulations to Brant on a most thoroughly challenging puzzle - and to James, of course... why am I not surprised that he came out on top - again??!!
My one regret in life (thus far) is that I don't have more time to work on (or create!) these type of multidimensional puzzles. I did get 3 answers correct though - so, honorable mention, please !!! .
Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me... Bangarang Rufio
Congrats.. Hopefully there will be another one, just a little easier...
TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.