Join Lou Mongello & WDW Radio listeners on board the Disney Dream!
February 27 – March 3, 2011
4-night Bahamas Cruise visiting the ports of Nassau & Castaway Cay
For details, listen to WDW Radio Show #143
Add your name to the list
Click Here to visit the WDW Radio Cruise on the Disney Dream UPDATE PAGE
Including Itinerary, Updates, Sample Navigators and More!
The new Disney Dreamâ„¢ will take family cruising to all-new heights, embracing the spirit of innovation, magical entertainment and immersive experiences that have made Disney Cruise LineÂ® the preeminent cruise of choice for families since 1998.
The Disney Dreamâ„¢ will introduce a number of cruise-industry firsts and family-friendly innovations designed to make your Client’s experience even more magical. Among the highlights:
- AquaDuck â€” Disney Cruise LineÂ® debuts the first-ever shipboard water coaster! This exhilarating high-speed flume ride featuring twists, turns, drops, uphill acceleration and river rapids â€” all while traversing the upper decks of the ship.
- Virtual Porthole â€“ A cruise-industry first for all inside staterooms! Virtual Portholes offer a “window” to the world with a real-time view outside the ship using high-definition cameras. As Guests observe the view, they may glimpse a magical surprise: animated characters like Mickey Mouse may pop by the Virtual Porthole.
- Enchanted Art â€” Around the atrium lobby and throughout the ship, Enchanted Art will immerse your Clients in Disney storytelling in a completely new way. Enchanted Art magically comes alive as Guests pause to admire individual pieces.
- Living Characters â€” In youth spaces, Disney Characters come to life and interact with children in one-of-a-kind experiences. Crush, the animated sea turtle from the Disneyâ€¢Pixar motion picture “Finding Nemo,” or the mischievous animated alien Stitch make scheduled appearances to chat, play and joke with kids in live, unrehearsed conversations.
A Modern Classic Vessel
Like her sister ships, the Disney Dreamâ„¢ continues the tradition of blending the elegant grace of early 20th century transatlantic ocean liners with contemporary design to create one of the most stylish and spectacular cruise ships afloat.
- Signature Design â€” The ship’s exterior color scheme matches the iconic Mickey Mouse with a black hull, bold red funnels and vivid yellow striping and lifeboats. Silhouettes of Disney Characters are scrolled into the signature filigree ornamentation. Inside, the elegant dÃ©cor is influenced by the Art Deco style with a dash of Disney whimsy.
- Atrium Lobby â€” The magical voyage begins upon entering the expansive three-deck atrium lobby, highlighted by a sweeping grand staircase, oversized portholes and stunning, three-story fluted columns with glowing capitals. Cast in bronze, Admiral Donald Duck graces the atrium lobby.
Staterooms and Suites
Catering to the unique vacation needs of families, Disney Dreamâ„¢ staterooms offer comfort and style synonymous throughout the Disney fleet.
- 150 inside staterooms featuring Virtual Portholes, a cruise-industry first.
- 1,100 outside staterooms
- 860 verandahs
- 199 ocean views
- 20 concierge family ocean view suites with verandah
- 19 concierge one-bedroom suites with verandah
- 2 concierge royal suites
To accommodate larger families and groups traveling together, there are 500 connecting doors adjoining staterooms. Most staterooms feature a split-bath â€” a concept that Disney introduced to the cruise industry.
Dining on the Dream
Elaborately themed restaurants, distinctly Disney touches and world-class cuisine will please the palate and satisfy all of the senses â€” making dining aboard the Disney Dreamâ„¢ a memorable experience for your Clients.
- Animator’s Palate â€” A re-imagined version of the signature Disney Cruise LineÂ® restaurant will bring the magic of Disney animation into the dining room for a one-of-a-kind experience that will captivate the entire family.
- Royal Palace â€” An elegant restaurant inspired by classic Disney films such as “Cinderella” and “Beauty and the Beast.” Splendid dÃ©cor includes ornate marble floors and luxurious carpets plus a magnificent, hand-blown chandelier made of glass slippers.
- Enchanted Garden â€” A whimsical, casual restaurant inspired by the gardens of Versailles. Your Clients will feel as though they’ve arrived at a lovely conservatory, with white trellises, custom glass “flower” light fixtures and cascading fountain. The dining environment will magically transform from day to night during the meal.
Magical Youth Spaces
Disney Cruise LineÂ® revolutionized the cruise industry with elaborately themed youth areas. On the new Disney Dreamâ„¢, the celebration of children’s creativity rises to a new level with extraordinary youth spaces designed to inspire, entertain and spark the imagination of children in nearly an entire deck created just for them.
- Andy’s Room â€” The world of the Disneyâ€¢Pixar “Toy Story” films comes to life. Kids experience the feeling of being toy-sized as they play among larger-than-life characters from the animated film.
- Monster’s Academy â€” A fun, interactive space fashioned after the scare floor from the Disneyâ€¢Pixar film “Monsters, Inc.”
- Pixie Hollow â€” Children are transported to the enchanted land inhabited by Tinker Bell and her fairy friends, complete with a pixie tree, twinkling lights and fairy houses.
- Explorer Pod â€” Inspired by the Disneyâ€¢Pixar animated film “Finding Nemo,” a bright blue and yellow submarine surfaces in the center of the room, offering an interactive play area for children.
- It’s a Small World Nursery â€” Infants and toddlers are welcomed by cheerful, three-dimensional facades and artwork inspired by the classic Disney Theme Park attraction.
- Edge â€” Located inside the forward funnel, this lounge is just for tweens ages 11 – 13 and is filled with a multitude of hi-tech entertainment including the ability to create and star in photo postcards and video karaoke.
- Vibe â€” A “teens-only” swipe card provides access to this trendy, indoor/outdoor space created especially for teens ages 14 – 17.
Just for Adults
With a spectacular nighttime entertainment district, exquisite dining, a deluxe spa and tranquil private pool, the Disney Dreamâ„¢ provides adults with endless ways to unwind, rejuvenate and pamper themselves.
- The District â€” Located on Deck 4 aft, this adult-exclusive nighttime entertainment area features sensational venues like a sophisticated lounge, modern pub, upscale cocktail lounge, metropolitan “sky bar” and dynamic nightclub.
- Senses Spa & Salon â€” Spanning two decks, the 16,000-square-foot spa provides private treatment rooms, rainforest, lavish spa villas and ocean-view gym.
- Palo â€” A redesigned version of the Disney Cruise LineÂ® signature restaurant, Palo invites adults to indulge in a menu of delectable Northern Italian cuisine, an extensive wine list and superior service.
In preparation for the arrival of the new ship, Castaway Cay is undergoing some new enhancements including an expanded family beach, new floating water platform with slides, two water play areas, private beach cabanas and many other upgrades.
Photos and videos courtesy of Disney Cruise Line
WDW Radio Cruise poster/logo courtesy of Stefan at stefanrules.com