WDW news and rumors, Disney artist Jason Zucker Hidden Treasure, DSI Disney Scene Investigation, contest winner and new contest, your emails and more!
Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #28 for the week of August 19, 2007.
I have just a few items to cover in the News and Views from Walt Disney World, before we take a quick visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill.
Join me and Disney artist Jason Zucker as we visit a true Hidden Treasure of Walt Disney World. Then, Eric Hollister announces the winner of this week’s WDW Half Marathon Challenge Contest and gives you the clues to the next challenge with the help of Mike Scopa, who also provides some marathon training advice.
We’ll conduct another DSI: Disney Scene Investigation as Jeff Pepper and I take a look at the Echo Lake area of the Disney-MGM Studios, and we discuss the real reasons why the Sorcerer’s Hat won’t be going anywhere soon… or will it?
I will answer a number of your emails and play some of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax enjoy this week’s episode of The WDW Radio Show.
Join Lou Mongello, author of the Walt Disney World Trivia Books for a book signing and discussion IN Walt Disney World!
I am pleased to announce that my next book signing will be at the Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney’s West Side on Saturday, August 25th, 2007 from 6:00 p.m. â€“ 8:00 p.m.
If you are going to be in the area, please join me in the heart of Walt Disney World’s exciting Downtown Disney Shopping and Entertainment District at the largest music and entertainment store in the southeast. Its three floors include more than 300 listening stations and over 20 DVD viewing stations, a 10,000 sq. foot book department, multimedia preview center, and so much more!
No theme park or Pleasure Island admission is required
I am VERY excited about this event and hope you can come by and say hi!
Walt Disney World 1/2 Marathon Challenge Contest
This is the next of our 13-part WDW 1/2 Marathon Challenge, where you get to play a new challenge every two weeks for chance to win all kinds of great prizes, as well as get to name the respective mile marker during the WDW 1/2 marathon in January. Winners will also get a custom certificate suitable for framing to congratulate you for your efforts. Also as part of the contest, Eric, owner of GeoMouse.com is generously donating $100 per mile to the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team project to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America. At the end of the contest, we will have a drawing for a yet-to-be announced grand prize!
Listen to this week’s show for the clues! Good luck!!!!
And some other excellent sources:
- Building a Company: Roy O. Disney and the Creation of An Entertainment Empire, by Bob Thomas, 1998.
- Discovering Walt: The Magical Life of Walt Disney by J P Isbouts, Jan 2002.
- Designing Disney’s Theme Parks: The Architecture of Reassurance by Karal Ann Marling, 1997
- Disney: The First 100 Years By Clark, Steven; Smith, Dave; Smith, Dave
- Inside the Mouse: Work and Play at Disney World, The Project OnÂ Disney, 1995
- Magic Kingdom: Walt Disney and the American Way of Life by StevenÂ Watt,1997
- Man Behind the Magic: The Story of Walt Disney by Richard & Katherine Greene, 1991
- The Official Encyclopedia, Disney A to Z by Dave Smith, 1996
- Since the World Began: Walt Disney World the First 25 Years by Jeff Kurtti, 1996
- Team Rodent: How Disney Devours the World by Carl Hiaasen, 1998
- Vinyl Leaves: WDW and America by Stephen M. Fjellman, 1992
- Walt Disney and the Quest for Community by Mannheim, Steve: published by Ashgate Publishing; 2002.(VERY tough to find)
- Walt Disney World Trivia Book: Secrets, History & Fun Facts Behind the Magic by Louis A. Mongello, 2004 🙂 (sorry, had to) LOL
- Walt Disney’s Disneyland by Marty Sklar (also VERY VERY rare)
- Walt’s Revolution! By the Numbers by Harrison “Buzz” Price, 2003
- Disney’s Florida Project (Zehnder) – also EXTREMELY hard to find, but great history