Disney world news, Disney rumors, Background Music from Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Lobby, Wildlife Tracking Center, Wildlife Tracking Center at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Welcome to the WDW Radio Show – your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #48 for the week of January 6, 2008. Thank you for tuning in once again, and I want to wish you all a very happy new year.
We’re going to start off 2008 just as we did in 2007, with Walt Disney World news, and a wild visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill. In addition to talking about some updated rumors, I’m going to take this opportunity to kick off the New Year with some of the very wild rumors I’ve been hearing about. Will they all come true? Probably not. But it will be fun to talk about them and speculate as to what the future may hold.
In my continuing effort to introduce you to not only some of WDW’s hidden treasures, history, trivia, reviews and vacation planning advice, I also want to open your eyes to some of its overlooked experiences. This week, I have something special for you, as my special guest, Dr. Anne Savage from Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Wildlife Tracking Center joins me to talk about the amazing work that is taking place onstage and backstage, and how you can get involved at the park and when you get home. It’s a fascinating look at the amazing conservation and research efforts that Disney undertakes each and every day.
I will also answer a number of your emails in our Listener Feedback section this week, and play some of your voicemails at the end of the show.
So as always, sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.
Links and Information from this week’s show:
Disney Legends – Joyce Carlson
Discuss her work and passing in our forums
Wildlife Tracking Center
Cotton-top Tamarin project – www.proyectotiti.com
Learn more by visiting Disney’s Worldwide Outreach and Environmentality web sites: http://disney.go.com/disneyhand/environmentality
Click here to read more about Disney’s Commitment to Conservation.
Special thanks to Dr. Anne Savage, Senior Conservation Biologist and Leader of the Wildlife Tracking Center Scientific Programs and Operations
Visit her and her staff at Rafiki’s Planet Watch in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
You’ve probably heard people talk about conservation. Well, conservation isn’t just the business of a few people. It’s a matter that concerns all of us. It’s a science whose principles are written in the oldest code in the world, the laws of nature. The natural resources of our vast continent are not inexhaustible. But if we will use our riches wisely, if we will protect our wildlife and preserve our lakes and streams, these things will last us for generations to come. – Walt Disney
Background Music from Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Lobby:
1. Ride to Fort Hays (from the 1990 “Dances With Wolves” music by John Barry)
2. Big Country (from the 1958 film “The Big Country” music by Jerome Moross
3. Open Prairie 1 (by Aaron Copeland)
4. Land with Wonder
5. Siyo Tanka (from the album “Guardian Spirits” by Time and Paul )
6. The Wild Ride (from the 1960 film “The Wild Ride”)
7. Frontier Town (by Aaron Copeland)
8. The Magnificent Seven (from the 1960 film “The Magnificent Seven” music by Elmer Bernstein
9. Creation (from the original television soundtrack of “The Way West” )
10. Buffalo Hunt (from the 1990 film “Dances With Wolves” music by John Barry)
11. How the West Was Won (from the 1962 film “How the West Was Won” music by Alfred Newman)
12. Open Prairie (by Aaron Copeland)
13. The Last of the Mohicans (from the 1992 film “The Last of the Mohicans”)
14. Duel in the Sun (from the 1942 film “Duel in the Sun” music by Dimitri Tiomkin)
15. Prairie Nights (from the album “Have a Little Faith” by Bill Frisell)
16. Top of the World (music by Richard Carpenter and John Bettis )
17. Silverado (from the 1985 film “Silverado” music by Bruce Broughton)
18. Grand Panorama (from “Grand Canyon Suite” by Ferde Grofe )
19. Buckaroo Holiday (from the ballet “Rodeo” by Aaron Copeland )
20. Wyatt Earp (from the 1994 film “Wyatt Earp” music by Marc Shaiman)
21. On the Trail (from the “Grand Canyon Suite” by Ferde Grofe)
22. The Map is on Fire (from the 1994 film “City Slickers II” music by Marc Shairman)
23. Wagon Chase (from the 1994 film “Wyatt Earp” music by James Newton Howard)
24. Walk to the Bunkhouse (from the 1992 film “Of Mice and Men” music by Mark Isham)
25. Field of Dreams (from the 1989 film “Field of Dreams” music by James Horner)
26. Appalachian Spring (ballet by Aaron Copeland )
27. Theme for Earth Day (from the album “The Shape I’m In” by Joe Roccisano )
28. Sand Creek Memories (from the original television soundtrack of “How the West Was Won” )
29. Dodge City (from the 1939 film “Dodge City”)
30. The Wave (from the 1994 film “Angles in the Outfield” music by Randy Edelman)
31. The Heiress (Suite from the 1940 film “The Heiress” music by Aaron Copeland)
32. Appalachian Morning (from the album “Earth: Voices of a Planet” by Paul Winter Consort )
Look for more details coming soon about the
WDW Radio Show Celebrity Mini-Golf Invitational
event to benefit the Dream Team Project!
Did you like this week’s show? If so, please review the show in iTunes!