20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and What Might Have Been – Fire Mountain and Villains Mountain
Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #301 for the week of November 18, 2012.
I’m here to help you have the best possible Disney vacation experience, and bring you some Disney magic to to wherever you are with this podcast, videos, blog, live broadcasts, events, trivia books, CDs and more. You can find it all at WDWRadio.com
Join me aboard my Walt Disney World Wayback Machine as we journey 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. We’ll look at the attraction’s history and virtually board the Nautilus with Captain Nemo and take you scene-by-scene through Fantasyland’s E-Ticket attraction before looking at why it closed for good. We’ll then explore what should have taken its place, in the location where New Fantasyland in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom now sits, as we examine the Imagineering concepts of Atlantis and Fire Mountain as well as Villains Mountain and village. It’s a fascinating look at what could have been, as we ask for your thoughts as well.
I’ll have the answer to our last Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week, and pose a new challenge for your chance to win a Disney prize package.
I’ll then have some announcements at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.
Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
Information and Links from This Week’s Show
QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What do you remember about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? Would you like to have seen Fire Mountain or Villains Mountain? Leave your answer in the comments section below!
- Ryan Wilson’s Main Street Gazette
- Listen to this week’s episode for the Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week for a chance to win a Disney prize package!
- Disney Meets and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World – Get dates and locations on our Events page
- Watch & chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com
- For more videos, subscribe to our WDW Radio channel on YouTube or the show in iTunes
Follow Lou on Twitter and