Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #305 for the week of December 16, 2012.
I’m here to help you have the best possible Disney vacation experience, and bring you some Disney magic to to wherever you are with this podcast, videos, blog, live broadcasts, events, trivia books, CDs and more. You can find it all at WDWRadio.com
This week we’re going to connect the dots and talk about one of Walt Disney World’s most popular attractions, the story that serves as the inspiration for it, and look at its history, significance, and controversy. Jim Korkis joins me as we discuss Disney’s 1946 animated and live action film Song of the South and its connection to Splash Mountain. We’ll talk about the attraction and the film, including it’s connection to Walt, its production, the debate, its future, and Jim’s new book, “Who’s Afraid of Song of the South.” It’s a fascinating look at a film that many people have not seen, yet features characters and songs that delight people in the Disney parks so many years after its initial release.
I’ll have the answer to our last Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week, and pose a new challenge for your chance to win a Disney prize package.
I’ll then have some announcements at the end of the show, including information about the new, free WDW Radio app for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows mobile devices! So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.
Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
Information and Links from This Week’s Show
QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Have you seen Song of the South? Would you like it to be released on DVD? Leave your answer in the comments section below!
- Listen to this week’s episode for the Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week for a chance to win a Disney prize package!
- Disney Meets and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World – Get dates and locations on our Events page
- Watch & chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com
- For more videos, subscribe to our WDW Radio channel on YouTube or the show in iTunes
- Get Celebrations Magazine on your iPad/iPhone in iTunes App Store
The WDW Radio Disney Podcast app is now available and FREE in the iTunes App Store for iPhone, iPod and iPad devices, as well as Google Play for Android devices! And stay tuned – Windows mobile version is set to be released very soon!
This free app allows you to not only listen to the show by streaming it directly to your device, but also:
- Subscribe to the show in iTunes
- Read the blog for the latest news, articles, contests, photos and more
- Watch our Disney videos via our YouTube channel (please subscribe at YouTube.com/WDWRadio)
- Tune in to our LIVE broadcasts
- Connect and follow via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- See a schedule of upcoming Events
- Chat with other Disney fans in our fun, free, family-friendly discussion forums
- Subscribe to our FREE email Newsletter
- Shop our store for WDW Radio logo gear, Walt Disney World Trivia Books, and Audio Tours of the parks
- Work with Lou
- And more
You can also scan this QR code using your smartphone to instantly be taken to the app page
The app will also feature exclusive access to what else is “coming soon” from WDW Radio, including product releases, announcements, discounts, contests and more!
If you have any suggestions or feature requests, email email@example.com
It’s fun, and FREE, so download it today, and if you like the app, please rate and review the App in the iTunes store!
Purchase your copy of Jim Korkis’ new books in print or on Kindle from Amazon.com (affiliate links):
Who’s Afraid of the Song of the South? And Other Forbidden Disney Stories
The Revised Vault of Walt: Unofficial, Unauthorized, Uncensored Disney Stories Never Told
|Paperback or Kindle||Paperback or Kindle|