It pains me that Christmas has already come and gone, but with a new year comes a fresh start and new beginnings.
Walt Disney World is definitely a site to see during New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Amazing fireworks and entertainment as the clock approaches midnight!
Because this is considered “peak season” for Disney, we all know that comes with crowds. Patience is smart to pack if you are traveling to Orlando over the next few days.
Here are some tips to remember if you are spending New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World:
- Arrive early to whichever park you plan on spending the day at! Parks can get very crowded as the day moves on so I suggest getting there before the gates open. Disney will close the gates if parks reach capacity.
- Whether you are staying at a Disney Resort or have dining reservations, you are not guaranteed admission to a park, if that park reaches capacity as well.
- It is wise to purchase a locker upon entrance into a park since most will be there the entire day.
- Make sure to grab a times guide so you know when to catch the entertainment that will be playing throughout the entire day.
- Most attractions will have long lines so be sure to make FastPass+ reservations.
Magic Kingdom Park:
December 31, 2014
Extra Magic Hours: 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
Park Hours: 8 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Noon & 3:30 pm (Festival of Fantasy Parade)
- 6:30 pm (Main Street Electrical Parade)
- 7:30 pm (Holiday Wishes Fireworks)
- 11:50 pm (Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks)
- Celebrate the Magic! projection show
- Dance party in front of the Cinderella Castle
December 31, 2014
Future World: 8 a.m. – 1 a.m.
World Showcase: 10:00 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- 6:30 pm and 11:40 pm (IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth)
- China: traditional show and dance
- Italy: Euro-pop and lights
- United Kingdom: “Blast to the past”
- American Gardens Stage: Latin band and DJ
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- December 31, 2014
- Park Hours: 8 a.m. – midnight
- Extra Magic Hours: midnight – 2 a.m.
- Mulch, Sweat and Shears and a live DJ dance party in front of the Sorcerer’s Hat .
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special in the Premier Theater.
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
- Fantasmic! at [6:30], 8 and 10 p.m.
- The Lights! Camera, Happy New Year! fireworks show at midnight.
How many of you are looking forward to the New Year? If you have been to Walt Disney World for New Year’s Eve, what was your favorite moment? Comment below!
Peyton is currently a student at the University of Mississippi majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in print. Growing up in Los Angeles and most recently moving to Atlanta, he has seen and experienced the best of both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Making his first visit to Walt Disney World at the age of 5, he has never looked back as he entered the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.