Disney villains have certainly cornered the market on doing “wicked” well. In the battle of good vs. evil, these villains have demonstrated how to do “bad” with style. We have all watched and cheered during our favorite Disney films and who doesn’t love a good conflict? Whether you love them or not, regardless of which side you root for, our favorite villains have taught us some valuable life lessons. Here is our list of why we love Disney villains…
1. Villains know that it’s really important to set goals. Get your head in the game and go for it!
2. Villains know they need to make a plan of attack. Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it. That’s what friends are for!
3. Villains have learned to be persistent in their endeavors. Don’t give up! Consistency is the key.
4. Villains are confident in their skills. Use what you’ve got!
5. Villains know they must practice their craft over and over again!
6. Villains remain steadfast and determined against all odds.
7. Villains might get knocked down, but they always get back up!
The next time you watch your favorite Disney villain in action, remember all the hard work and determination it took them to get to the top (or bottom). We can all learn a little something from their wicked, wicked ways!
Please share your favorite villainous qualities in the comments section below! Also, learn how to discover your Disney Villain Side in this blog post from Ruby!
(Photos from the Flickr Creative Commons – Loren Javier/Castles, Capes & Clones – Jafar, Maleficent, Lion King, Cruella De Vile, Ursula, Hades, Captain Hook, The Evil Queen)
Maureen Petrone and Pamela Rose are moms, avid Disney fans and elementary school teachers from Long Island, New York. When they are not in the “House of Mouse” with their families, they can be found in our classrooms. They call themselves “TeachEars.” They love the thrill and wonder of the Disney experience. The educational opportunities are endless! Walt Disney was a visionary, who taught us all to think big and dream bigger. It’s a wonderful message for their students. The classroom/Disney connection is a perfect fit!