The Disney Vacation Club (DVC) celebrates it’s 25th anniversary this year, and as a fellow DVC member, I’m ready to party! My home away from home is Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa which recently celebrated it’s 11th anniversary on May 17th. Located within walking distance of the evolving Disney Springs and 1.7 miles from Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Saratoga Springs is full of whimsical details, an intriguing story line, and lush green scenery. The inspiration for this DVC resort was found at the actual Saratoga Springs in upstate New York. An artistic lakeside community that originally gained popularity for healing spring waters and equine sporting events, Saratoga Springs in New York is still a hot tourist destination. Many of the details found around the Victorian designed Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World harken back to the real world location during the 1880’s. The rich history of horses and horse racing can be found throughout the resort’s décor, and the resort’s main pool, High Rock Springs, beautifully represents the healing mineral waters found in New York’s Saratoga Springs.
It’s time to get down to the wire and have some give and take to see what makes Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa a hands-down front-runner for a favorite DVC resort! (Notice the italicized words? They are actual sayings inspired by horse racing!)
1. Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa was the ____ Disney Vacation Club resort to be built on Walt Disney World property.
2. Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa was built on the former site of _____?
A. the original Treehouse Villas
B. a golf course
C. The Disney Institute
3. Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa was built in how many construction phases?
4. Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa overlooks which Walt Disney World golf course?
A. Lake Buena Vista
C. Oak Trail
5. Which Walt Disney World Resort water feature do the Treehouse Villas overlook?
A. Sassagula River
B. Crystal Springs
C. Crescent Bay
6. What is the resort’s motto?
A. Healing waters that heal the soul
B. Artistry from the heart
C. Health, history and horses
7. True or False: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa is the 3rd largest Disney Vacation Club resort.
8. Name the five sections that make up the resort.
Erin Stough has always loved Disney, but the magic of the parks truly captured her imagination during a mother-daughter trip in 2001. The fire was ignited and Erin hasn’t looked back! When she isn’t devouring Disney related books, Erin spends time with her wonderful (and patient) husband and super pup Milo.