I hope everyone enjoyed a special and relaxing Father’s Day! Look at the answers below to see how well you know your Disney Dads. Please share any interesting Disney Dad trivia in the comments section.
1. Where on Walt Disney World property can you find a larger than life state of King Triton from The Little Mermaid?
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Initially sculpted by Imagineer Jodi Van Buren, the King Triton statue that sits in The Little Mermaid court yard is over 35 feet tall. The Little Mermaid section was the fourth and final section of Art of Animation Resort to open on September 2012.
2. In the 1991 animated feature film Beauty and the Beast, which article(s) of clothing did animators use to express/symbolize Maurice’s eccentricity?
- Socks – Sharp eyes will notice that throughout Beauty and the Beast, Maurice has difficulty matching his socks. Animators consciously chose to have Maurice wear unmatching socks in order to express his interesting and different personality.
3. How many times does the clown fish Marlin from Finding Nemo appear in Pixar’s Monsters, Inc.?
- Once – Marlin appears once in Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. The likeness of Marlin is painted on a mural in the chic sushi restaurant in the heart of Monstropolis, Harry Hausen’s (named after famed visual effects creator Ron Harryhausen).
4. How many black spots does the Dalmatian Pongo have in the animated feature film 101 Dalmatians?
- 72 – Pongo has 72 distinct Dalmatian dots. The animated film 101 Dalmatians was the first animated film to make use of the new xero technology.
- The amount of spots change from frame to frame
5. What was the original name of Walt Disney World’s signature Magic Kingdom restaurant Cinderella’s Royal Table?
- King Stefan’s Banquet Hall – originally opened with the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971 and named after Sleeping Beauty’s father. In 1996, King Stefan’s Banquet Hall began to offer character dining and in 1997 King Stefan’s Banquet Hall received a new more medieval look and new princess themed name.
- Sleeping Beauty’s Table
- King Hubert’s Banquet Hall
6. True or False: For Walt Disney’s second animated feature film Pinocchio, working models were made of Geppetto’s cuckoo clocks to assist animators. True!
Erin Stough has always loved Disney, but the magic of the parks truly captured her imagination during a mother-daughter trip in 2001. The fire was ignited and Erin hasn’t looked back! When she isn’t devouring Disney related books, Erin spends time with her wonderful (and patient) husband and super pup Milo.