Fathers come in every size, shape and species within the Walt Disney cinematic universe. It doesn’t matter if he is a 150 year old sea turtle named Crush or a happy millionaire with a penchant for collecting exotic reptiles, Disney dads sure keep life interesting! Peppered throughout the Disney movie catalogue, Disney dads are plentiful but yet encompass many of the same core values – steadfastness, bigheartedness, a sense of familial pride, a hint of humor and understanding. Audiences have watched Disney dads teach their children important life lessons; don’t sweat the small stuff, keep moving forward despite adversity and be true to yourself.
With Father’s Day quickly approaching on Sunday, June 19th, I thought it would be fun to take a small detour from the normal Walt Disney World centered POP! quiz and instead take a closer look at some of the more interesting tidbits that make Disney dads so unique.
1. Where on Walt Disney World property can you find a larger than life state of King Triton from The Little Mermaid?
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Art of Animation Resort
2. In the 1991 animated feature film Beauty and the Beast, which article(s) of clothing did animators use to express/symbolize Maurice’s eccentricity?
3. How many times does the clown fish Marlin from Finding Nemo appear in Pixar’s Monsters, Inc.?
4. How many black spots does the Dalmatian Pongo have in the animated feature film 101 Dalmatians?
- The amount of spots change from frame to frame
5. What was the original name of Walt Disney World’s signature Magic Kingdom restaurant Cinderella’s Royal Table?
- King Stefan’s Banquet Hall
- Sleeping Beauty’s Table
- King Hubert’s Banquet Hall
6. True or False: For Walt Disney’s second animated feature film Pinocchio, working models were made of Geppetto’s cuckoo clocks to assist animators.
Erin Stough has always loved Disney, but the magic of the parks truly captured her imagination during a mother-daughter trip in 2001. The fire was ignited and Erin hasn’t looked back! When she isn’t devouring Disney related books, Erin spends time with her wonderful (and patient) husband and super pup Milo.