Autumn is a wonderful time of year that heralds in the colorful scenery and delicious aromas of the Fall holidays! Pumpkins, scarecrows and crumpled piles of fallen leaves litter neighborhoods announcing the arrival of crisp Fall weather. While the leaves at Walt Disney World may not change colors, an even greater transformation takes place at the Magic Kingdom Park. Beginning in early September, the citizens of Main Street, U.S.A. put away their July 4th decorations and decorate the town in resplendent autumnal décor to not only welcome Fall but Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. And what a party it is!
I luckily stumbled upon this hard ticket event during a last minute trip years ago, and it quickly has become a favorite tradition that I now share with my husband. There’s nothing quite like partying with the villains, watching Happy HalloWishes sparkle in the night sky, Trick-or-Treating in the Magic Kingdom and experiencing a haunted wake make it’s way down Main Street, U.S.A. Throughout the years, some things about the party have disappeared, such as the free tarot card readings and free Halloween photos, while many wonderful activities and entertainment have been added. Experiencing the Magic Kingdom and it’s many characters during this special event is truly a treat worth repeating!
1. What year was the first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party held at the Magic Kingdom?
2. What was the original hard ticket price for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
3. What was the name of the Halloween-themed hard ticket event held in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom in 1979?
- Halloween Hysteria
- Ghoulist Delights
- Mickey and Minnie’s Halloween Treat
4. Roughly, how much candy does Disney estimate Cast Members hand out over the 29 nights of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
- 215 tons
- 100 tons
- 365 tons
5. About how many Mickey Mouse pumpkins can be found throughout the Magic Kingdom during the fall holidays?
Erin Stough has always loved Disney, but the magic of the parks truly captured her imagination during a mother-daughter trip in 2001. The obsession began and Erin hasn’t looked back! When she isn’t devouring Disney related books, Erin spends time with her wonderful (and patient) husband and super pup Milo.