There’s SO many things in Walt Disney World I’d love to own! From signs to ride vehicles, even trash cans! It was hard, but I narrowed it down to ten. So here it is, my Walt Disney World Christmas List, in no particular order….
1. Monorail Red- This was the first Monorail I rode with my family, we boarded at Disney’s Polynesian Resort and got off at the Ticket and Transportation Center en route to Epcot. I’ll never forget it…and would LOVE to own it!
2. Captain Cook’s/Coral Isle Café signs- The Polynesian is our “Home Resort,” so I gotta have these signs! It’s Kona Café now, so dust that Coral Isle sign off and send it my way please!
3. Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks Audio-Animatronics- I LOVED these attractions as a kid, they made Epcot a beloved destination! They should be rocking out at The Land today, but I’ll definitely put em’ to good use!
4. World Showcase/Polynesian Trash Cans- This one may seem silly, but I absolutely love the various trash cans around property! The World Showcase can with the compass logo and Polynesian can with the tiki are two of my favs. “Waste Please, Mahalo.”
5. Partners Statue- This is a beloved spot for my family, as it is with so many people. I couldn’t deny everyone the joy of seeing Walt n’ Mickey hand-in-hand, so an identical replica would be just fine!
6. Test Track Ride Vehicle- There’s dozens of ride vehicles I’d love to own, but a Test Track car would be a blast to zip around in!
7. Jungle Cruise Boat- The only thing more fun than a ride vehicle… skippering my own Jungle Cruise boat! I’d call it the “Dawa Donnie!”
8. Week-Long Stay in Cinderella Castle Suite- Lol, no explanation necessary here! Dream come true. Period.
9. Lifetime V.I.P. Passes for 12- A dozen passes for me and my closest family, friends, and loved ones…. For Life!
10. On-Property Employment- It’s always been a dream of mine to work at WDW, especially as an Imagineer. When I was nine years old, I submitted an attraction idea based off 101 Dalmatians. I even included concept art! I got a nice and encouraging letter back, but never pursued my dream beyond that. So if I could have a job on property, ANY job, my Christmas Wish List would be complete!
Don Myers has covered Walt Disney World news and recent/upcoming events for the WDW Radio Blog since 2011. He has loved “all things Disney” since his first family trip to WDW in 1986. As they say, the rest is history! Don was also a contributing writer for Celebrations Magazine, penning over 30 articles and 7 cover stories for the publication from 2009 to 2012.