1. How many dining rooms can be found at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park’s newest fine dining restaurant Tiffins?
- 3 – Tiffins, named after a light lunch prepared for working men in India and for the tiered containers the meals were served in, opened at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Memorial Day weekend 2016. Inspired by the meals experienced by Animal Kingdom Imagineers during their research travels, Tiffins’ cuisine combines African, Asian and South American flavors. The restaurant has a total of 3 dining rooms (the Nomad Lounge is a separate lounge area that features hand crafted cocktails and sustainable, organic wines). The first dining room is called the Safari Gallery and represents the animals found in East and South Africa. The Trek Gallery is the second dining area and focuses on South Asian culture. The largest dining area is called The Grand Gallery and is decorated in folk art produced by the peoples of Africa and Asia. All three dining areas and Nomad Lounge are decorated with real field notes, pictures, and artwork from the Imagineers multiple international Animal Kingdom research expeditions.
2. Who does Goofy invite to the Magic Kingdom’s castle stage show Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire?
- characters from Princess and the Frog – In order to properly celebrate Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire, the Fab Five invite some very special friends to Cinderella Castle. Donald and Daisy Duck cordially welcome the Snuggly Duckling Ruffians, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. Mickey and Minnie Mouse invite their frosty friends Anna, Elsa, and Olaf from Arendelle. Goofy heads down to New Orleans to pick up his guests Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, and that jazz playing alligator Louis. Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire marks the first time that Princess Tiana and Rapunzel appear on the Cinderella Castle forecourt stage.
- characters from Cinderella
- characters from Peter Pan
3. Debuting in 2015 at Disneyland, the Star Wars marathons reached Walt Disney World for the first time in April 2016. Known as the “dark side”, how many events were offered during this inaugural marathon weekend?
- 4 – Walt Disney World runners experienced the power of the dark side in 2016 with the addition of four different star wars races. Runners could participate in the 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, and (if eligible) kid’s races.
4. Themed after the Jungle Cruise attraction at the Magic Kingdom the Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen is the only restaurant on all of Walt Disney World property to offer ________?
- Grilled alligator
- Asian noodle bowls
- Lion Fish – Served whole and fried, the Lion Fish is only served at the Jungle Navigation Co. Litd. Skipper Canteen. The menu description says it all; “Whole Fried Fish – You’ll get hooked on Skipper Annette’s latest catch! Served with Jasmine Rice, Grilled Scallions, and Soy-Ginger Vinaigrette – $30.00” On our most recent family trip to the world, my dad ordered this item and it is a show stopper! Beautifully displayed, well seasoned, and perfectly fried. There was a surprisingly large amount of meat on the fish and we all agreed it was worth the cost.
5. Opening on June 21, 2016 Frozen Ever After took Epcot by storm. In comparison to Maelstrom‘s layout, where is Frozen Ever After‘s queue area located?
- The same area that housed Maelstrom‘s queue area
- The area that previously housed the Norway film – I know Frozen Ever After is still a hot button topic within the Disney fandom community, but having recently experienced this attraction, I can’t say enough about how much I loved it! (I should mention that I am a professed Frozenphile). Despite my new admiration for this attraction, Maelstrom will always have a special place in my heart as it was one of my earliest memories of Epcot. I always enjoyed sitting in the small Norwegian fishing town, listening to the ambient sounds, and allowing my imagination to teleport me to a cold, wind blown coast in Norway. Now instead of finding myself in a fishing village, I get to wander the halls of Queen Elsa and Princess Anna’s summer castle.
- Part of the Maelstrom attraction
Erin Stough has always loved Disney, but the magic of the parks truly captured her imagination during a mother-daughter trip in 2001. The obsession began and Erin hasn’t looked back! When she isn’t devouring Disney related books, Erin spends time with her wonderful (and patient) husband and super pup Milo.