1. Who is the main antagonist (villain) in The Infinity Gauntlet?
- Adam Warlock
- Thanos – Thanos was the main antagonist, however, once he lost possession of the Infinity Gauntlet he was forced to join with Adam Warlock.
2. What power does the Infinity Gauntlet grant its user?
- Omnipotence – The user gains power over Time, Space, Reality, Soul, Power, and Mind becoming the master of all that is!
- Healing Factor
- High Cholesterol
3. Who many infinity gems reside on the Infinity Gauntlet?
- 4 and 1/3
- 9 and 3/4
- 6 – Time, Space, Reality, Soul, Power, & Mind
- None of the above
4. What fraction of beings in the universe did Thanos kill using the Infinity Gauntlet?
- 1/2 – Thanos is tasked with killing 1/2 of the universe’s population by Mistress Death. Mistress Death felt there was a cosmic imbalance because there were more people are alive than had ever died.
5. What cosmic being was Thanos enthralled with?
- Mistress Death – Thanos loved Mistress Death prior to the events of The Infinity Gauntlet, and even murdered his own mother to impress her.
- The Stranger
- The Watcher
6. What infinity gem was eventually used to usurp the power of the Infinity Gauntlet?
- Soul – This is sort of a trick question, Thanos was never usurped by an infinity stone. Once Thanos lost possession of the gauntlet to Nebula she inadvertently absorbed Adam Warlock into the soul gem. Unbeknownst to Nebula, Adam Warlock was able to join his essence with the gem to force Nebula to relinquish the gem.
Extra Credit: In my introduction, I alluded to the Infinity Gauntlet being almost unstoppable. What cosmic being did possess the power to defeat Thanos (or subsequent holders of the Gauntlet) but chose not to intervene?
- A Celestial
- The Living Tribunal – Adam Warlock made an appeal to the Living Tribunal to stop Thanos. The Living Tribunal felt that since Thanos had gained possession of the gauntlet ,the balance of realities was not in jeopardy. So how do we know the Living Tribunal can actually stop the Infinity Gauntlet? During the epilogue series to the Infinity Gauntlet, “Warlock,” the Living Tribunal actually does step in and shuts the gauntlet’s power down. Why was its judgement different this time? Adam Warlock is an artificial being created at The Beehive.
(Image copyright Disney/MARVEL)