Well, Clubhouse fam, it’s crunch time for those running the Wine and Dine Half & 10k! If you’ve hung with me this long, thanks! Since this is about trials and triumphs of the weightloss journey of a non-runner, I thought I would share some of both before updating you on how the training is going.
First the triumphs (insert trumpet music here)…
- I have lost 100lbs since I began this journey in December… please see me picking my own jaw up off the floor! For a visual that is approximately 66 turkey legs or if you are more into the sweets, it’s approximately 533 Mickey Bars!
- I completed my first sprint triathlon. In my mind, this is a HUGE deal as I feel like this is something athletes do and I am not an athlete.
Now the Trials…womp womp…
- I fell getting off of my bike during the triathlon, and busted my knee… Of course I fell, I am very graceful (Ha-ha). Hopefully I will be back running soon!!!
- The running is going very slowly, fast enough to not get swept but not by much!
- After a long run or event, I want to EAT ALL THE THINGS… I can’t physically do that, so that’s frustrating.
I am getting very excited about the Wine and Dine 10k! Thanks to the Clubhouse, I will be running as 50th Anniversary Minnie Mouse. This will be my first time running as a member of the WDW Radio Running Team, so I am super excited about that! Can’t wait to see you all on the course!!!
If you see me out there please come by for a sweaty hug or fist bump!! Are you excited for the first in person RunDisney Race in over a year??? #Choosethegood #wdwradio #wdwradiorunningteam
My name is Sarah Niswender and I have WDW in my veins, going to the parks several times per year as early as age 2. Growing up in SoFla I was fortunate enough to have a lifelong Disney education, thanks to my mother (and hardworking father)! I am now passing the love for everything Disney along to my daughter and somewhat reluctant husband. I have participated in several runDisney events and am looking forward to participating as a part of the WDWRadio running team. See you on Main Street USA!