Hear ye, Hear ye! RunDisney 2022 Princess Weekend is now in the books. I appreciate you all coming on this journey with me! And it has been a journey indeed.
Through this journey I have an entire new appreciation for my health. Knowing the Clubhouse has my back, I have lost about 120lbs, completed a triathlon, completed the Wine and Dine 10k, and joined the WDW Radio Running Team. This weekend was the cherry on the cupcake (mmmm Disney cupcakes…) of a fitness journey that will never really be complete. I hope to keep challenging myself and progressing.
Now, on to Princess Weekend: the good, the bad, and everything in between.
The top 5ish good things from the weekend:
- The merch seemed to be in good supply, unlike Wine and Dine Weekend. There were spirit jerseys, water bottles, and all the things up until Saturday.
- The WDW Running Team had a great turn out in both cheering and participation!
- On a personal note: I finished the half! I also had the best cheering section!
- The starting groups seem to be working out better than the corral system and are creating less congestion on the course.
- The weather was gorgeous all weekend, up until the last part of the half — it was a little warm
- The ASL Signer at the start, she was not only signing for those deaf or hard of hearing, but she was literally performing the songs. Her energy and enthusiasm was unmatched!
Top 5 less than good things from the weekend:
- The transportation didn’t go so well. The parking and bus situation for people driving in was a bit of a mess, as was the bus transport from the resorts. This is a recurring problem that RunDisney is really going to need to take a look at. The Hollywood Studios parking and bus transport was a first, so that can be chalked up to first-time kinks.
- The distance from the finish line, through the finish shoot, to your transportation. This is a personal one for me. After the half, I was in a good bit of knee pain and that finisher shoot to the monorail seemed like a solid 2-3 miles. (I know it wasn’t that far, but it sure felt like it.)
- I did not get to see the legendary Princess Men during the race. They are always a highlight for the weekend.
** So… it could be the eternal optimist in me, but I couldn’t come up with 5 less than good things from the weekend! So instead, here are two in-between items.
Top 2 of the in-between of the weekend:
- The signature cocktails of the weekend were pretty tasty.
- The yoga seemed to go off without a hitch! This being the first time they have offered this, it was very well received. I might even sign up next year!
Did you run this weekend? Cheer? Share your experience in the Clubhouse. What went well? What would you change? Let me know!!!
Thanks for joining me on this journey! See you all on Main Street!
My name is Sarah Niswender and I have WDW in my veins, going to the parks several times per year as early as age 2. Growing up in SoFla I was fortunate enough to have a lifelong Disney education, thanks to my mother (and hardworking father)! I am now passing the love for everything Disney along to my daughter and somewhat reluctant husband. I have participated in several runDisney events and am looking forward to participating as a part of the WDWRadio running team. See you on Main Street USA!