Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 202 - December 26, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Exploring the UK Pavilion in Epcot - Fantasy or Reality? Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show # 202 - December 26, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Exploring the UK Pavilion in Epcot - Fantasy or Reality?

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #202 for the week of December 26, 2010.

As we wander the promenade and explore the pavilions of World Showcase in Epcot, we find ourselves transported across the globe to exotic destinations around the world. In doing so, we are afforded the opportunity to share in and learn about the people and their culture through attractions, exhibits, their food and even direct communication with those that call these places home. But as we do so, sometimes we wonder just how much these pavilions actually reflect the regions upon which they are based. This week, we will explore one of these pavilions with guests who hail from the United Kingdom. We will wander the streets and tour the interiors of these buildings to look at how, how well, and why these landmarks and extraordinary details exist.

I値l have a few announcements and play some of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/WDWRadio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/LouMongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: WDW Radio Show # 202 - December 26, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Sta

To reiterate the point that Lou made, because it can be complex to understand, partly because the terms are frequently used interchangably in film, print and television, and because the interviewees sadly kept slipping up themselves:

The United Kingdom / "UK" / Britain / Great Britain

and

England

...are NOT the same thing, and the terms are definitely not interchangeable.

The official title of the country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: Great Britain comprising England, Wales and Scotland; Northern Ireland as a legacy of the earlier (and dissolved) union between GB and Ireland.
    Last edited by 20K; 12-27-2010 at 08:33 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Born 2B Grumpy is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 202 - December 26, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Sta

Great show Lou! Loved your guests. Now I need some fish n chips!
    ~ MickeyBabe's Better Half

Running Goofy again in 2013!!

BrommyCanary is offline A-Ticket holder

Smashing episode! Loving the guests from Norwich, my home town!

On the Ball City!!!!

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BrommyCanary View Post
    Smashing episode! Loving the guests from Norwich, my home town!

On the Ball City!!!!

Good one BrommyCanary....we'll have to educate Lou about the Canaries next time! Hopefully you'll be the only one that recognises our Norfolk twang!!

A MASSIVE thanks to Lou for spending time with us on our vacation; it made me really examine how the UK is represented at Epcot and I realised that many of the features are in fact from England rather than the UK....however I'm neither an expert in UK history nor geography....just a massive Disney fan!!!

Looking forward to hearing other listeners review their 'home' pavilions xx
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

BrommyCanary is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemma666 View Post
    Good one BrommyCanary....we'll have to educate Lou about the Canaries next time! Hopefully you'll be the only one that recognises our Norfolk twang!!

A MASSIVE thanks to Lou for spending time with us on our vacation; it made me really examine how the UK is represented at Epcot and I realised that many of the features are in fact from England rather than the UK....however I'm neither an expert in UK history nor geography....just a massive Disney fan!!!

Looking forward to hearing other listeners review their 'home' pavilions xx
    You could certainly tell the Norfolk twang, it was very bizarre to hear the accent on the podcast!

We should try and sort out a UK Meet of the Month somewhere!