Disney Legend Charles Ridgway Interview, New Disney Trivia Contest and more!
Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #294 for the week of September 30, 2012.
I’m here to help you have the best possible Disney vacation experience, and bring you some Disney magic to to wherever you are with this podcast, videos, blog, live broadcasts, events, trivia books, CDs and more. You can find it all at WDWRadio.com
This past weekend we celebrated EPCOT Center’s 30th anniversary, and I once again want to share with you an interview with someone who knows the park and it’s history very well, as he was there far before it opened to the public. Disney Legend Charles Ridgway joins me to discuss not just the opening and early days of the park, but working closely with Walt Disney, his vision for EPCOT and how closely the current park may have followed his dream. We talk about the challenges, people, attractions, characters, executives and much more, as Charlie recounts stories that have never been shared before. We discuss how EPCOT has changed and evolved through the years, why we look to the past to gaze into the future and much more.
See how you did on last week’s Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week and answer this week’s challenge for your chance to win a Disney prize package.
I’ll then have some announcements at the end of the show. If you missed our live broadcast from Epcot’s 30th on October 1, you’ll definitely want to stay tuned to hear about what’s coming for (and to) you in 2013 and much more. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.
Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
Information and Links from This Week’s Show
Purchase Charles Ridgway’s book, Spinning Disney’s World at Amazon.com
- Listen to this week’s episode for the Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week for a chance to win a Disney prize package!
- Disney Meets and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World – Get dates and locations on our Events page
- Watch & chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com
- For more videos, subscribe to our WDW Radio channel on YouTube or the show in iTunes
- Get Celebrations Magazine on your iPad/iPhone in iTunes App Store
- Check out the Disney Food Blog e-book: The DFB Mini-Guide to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival! – Use code WDWRADIO to save 20%!
Follow Lou on Twitter and