PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“THE DISNEY INTERVIEWS, VOLUME 1” IS A COLLECTION OF LEGENDARY DISNEY INTERVIEWS FROM 9-TIME AWARD-WINNING BEST TRAVEL PODCAST
The Perfect Gift for Fans of the Disney Parks, Screens, and Everything In Between
ORLANDO, FL – The Disney Interviews is a new book of one-on-one conversations with Imagineers, artists, actors, musicians, magic-makers, and Mousketeers who worked for and with Walt Disney and the Walt Disney Company in the creation of the Disney parks, movies, and television series, or were instrumental in helping to preserve his legacy and history. The book was written by Lou Mongello, founder of WDW Radio, and is available now on Amazon.
“This book is not only a testament to Walt Disney and his vision,” stated Mongello, “but a celebration of the talented and dedicated individuals that worked hard to deliver a smile to faces of millions.”
The Disney Interviews encapsulates these legendary conversations:
- Julie Andrews – Star of Mary Poppins, personally hired by Walt Disney
- Marty Sklar – Former creative leader of Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI), and Walt Disney’s “right hand man” as writer of personal materials for Walt Disney for use in publications, television and special films, including the film showcasing Walt’s vision for Walt Disney World and Epcot
- George McGinnis – Last Imagineer personally hired by Walt Disney, and show designer for attractions including Space Mountain in Disneyland and Walt Disney World
- Lonnie Burr – Member of the Original Mickey Mouse Club
- Alice Davis – Designer and creator of costumes for animated figures for attractions including it’s a small world, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress.
- Dave Smith – Founder of the Disney Archives
- Charles Ridgway – Disney Legend, Director of Press and Publicity for Disneyland and Walt Disney World, and who helped launch the Walt Disney World Resort in 1971, and EPCOT Center in 1982.
- Al Konetzni – Artist, marketing executive, and character merchandising “idea man”
- Bill “Sully” Sullivan – Went from ticket-taker to Operations Supervisor at Disneyland, as well as director of Epcot Center operations, and VP of Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World
- Richard M. Sherman – Academy Award-winning composer and songwriter of more than 200 songs for 27 films and two dozen television productions, including Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Winnie the Pooh, and Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color, as well as a series of top ten hits and theme park attractions including Disneyland’s Enchanted Tiki Room, and the iconic “it’s a small world”
- Ralph Kent – Artist, marketing genius, creator of the Mickey Mouse watch, Imagineering Director, and Disney Legend
- Tom Nabbe – Started as one Disneyland’s original Cast Members in the role of Tom Sawyer, working his way to becoming manager of the park, and eventually Magic Kingdom and EPCOT in Walt Disney World. “The book features the interviews, as well as stories about how these interviews came to be,” added Mongello. “There are some great stories about what went before and after the recordings took place. It’s an interesting ‘peek-behind-the-curtain’.” The paperback version of the book can be purchased at Amazon.com for $14.99, and the Kindle version of the book can be purchased for $4.99.
For more information on the book, please visit DisneyInterviews.com
ABOUT LOU MONGELLO
Lou Mongello is a former attorney who left the practice to pursue his passion for Disney. He is the author of multiple books and audio tours about the Disney Parks, and is the host of WDWRadio.com, an award-winning podcast, live video and community about the Disney Parks, Marvel, and Star Wars. He is a speaker who also provides mentoring and consulting to individuals and organizations looking to build their businesses and brands by sharing the magic of Disney, as well as social media, podcasting, live video, and community. Lou and his show have been featured on USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, People Magazine, the BBC, Associated Press, The New York Times, VentureBeat, Bloomberg Business, CBS News, Fox News, Parenting Magazine, Readers’ Digest, Fodors, SyFy, ComicBook.com, Cinemablend, Slashfilm, ScreenRant, and numerous others.